Hey there,
I have a crappy 40$ classic guitar and I figured I'm ready for better insturments. I'm looking for an electric-acustic guitar, and I've seen the Yamaha FX310A around, which impressed me a lot. It has a thin, slightly rounded neck which makes it easy to pull off some complex sounds that seem impossible on my broad and bulky classic guitar. It has a three-band equalizer. Plus, the sound is amazing, I'm totally in love with that guitar!

But as wise men say, only fools rush in, so I've checked around these forums for other suggestions. A short research using the ever-so-useful search box unveiled the Washburn D10SCE.

I would ask what's your recommendation, though it's clear to me that I'll choose only after playing all the options at the store. However, I do want to ask what other guitars I should be checking - electric-acustic, with narrow necks, at around 300$. Thanks!
Is there a good reason for wanting an electric-acoustic? Try out some Taylors if they are in your price range, I've played a few and they all sounded nice.
Last edited by Regression at Jan 26, 2008,
Quote by Regression
Is there a good reason for wanting an electric-acoustic?

If you prefer playing acoustic guitar over electric, and you want to play live, than an electric-acoustic is the way to go unless you want to mic your guitar
Gear:
-Ibanez S470 DXQM (Blue)
-Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Jumboshrmp
If you prefer playing acoustic guitar over electric, and you want to play live, than an electric-acoustic is the way to go unless you want to mic your guitar

EXACTLY! However that's a completely different subject, so let's stick with which guitars I should be trying out please
when it comes to acoustic guitars for under 400 buck it has to be a Yamaha FG730

I love mine to bits and people i know who have been playin guitar for decades with really expensive taylors,martins,etc cant get over how nice it is....
Damien Rice === Legend
From what I've found the FX310A is a discontinued model from Yamaha that has a laminate top. I wouldn't waste your money on it.

See if you can't find a local shop where you can try out a few guitars in your price range and see if you like them.

If I only could choose between the Yamaha and the Washburn you've listed... I would pick the Washburn for the simple fact that it has a solid top.