Well UG,

I went to the local college open day and chose some different courses to do than my initial choices. One of them was the BTEC National Cert. in Music Tech. I now need to change my application by ringing admissions, which is fine.

Now, this is where the getting into the course part thing is. The lecturer I was talking said that the course is 'first come first serve' and that only 20 or so people can do it. They will only choose people who REALLY want to do this course and people who won't drop out during the first weeks or the A2 year.

So at my interview, I have to outshine other people who are desperate to do this course (I'm very interested in this course as well). How do I out-do these chaps though? Will I need to tell the lecturers about past music tech experience? Be extremely desperate at the interview? I'm hoping UGers have or are doing this course could help me out, if I don't get this course, I'll have to do courses that I'm not interested in and which won't help my future career choice.

I really appreciate the help guys. Thanks.
NOPE.
Nah, thats crap. They do BTEc Nationals at my college and seriously, they say 20 places, they mean about 40. Your forgetting about half will drop out in the first month.
I do a BTEc National in Media, and at first we had 24 members, 4 more than should be allowed, and now we only have 10, and this is the second year i'm on.

MogEdit: Just show them how much you like music and guitar. Seriously, alot of people do Music just so they can doss about.
I'm doing A2 music tech.. so I probably can't help you.

Do you spend all of your spare time recording music? If you do, tell them, they'll like that.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I'm currently doing an A Level is Music Tech. So I urge you to do it, it's awesome!

I got in with no music theory experience because I went to a recording studo for work experience and I loved it so much I chose a different college purely to do music tech.

Just tell them that you're very interested in the ways of recording music etc and you should be fine.
i'm doing a national dipolma in music tech, and over half do drop out, and its a fact but most of the people in this course just do it for a doss about..

to get in easier just say you have a good knowledge of how sound works and music theory already so you dont sound like you're going in the course without any previous experience in music.
Quote by Raaaaar
Why cant you do it at Uni? Are you fick or summit?

Irony

*dances around living room*
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Quote by boreamor
I'm currently doing an A Level is Music Tech. So I urge you to do it, it's awesome!

I got in with no music theory experience because I went to a recording studo for work experience and I loved it so much I chose a different college purely to do music tech.

Just tell them that you're very interested in the ways of recording music etc and you should be fine.

Dude, that is awesome. I hope I can get sommit like that when I'm older.

Quote by Raaaaar

probably so thick he spells thick with an f
92% of teenagers have moved on to rap

Put this in your sig if you realise this is because rock has become stale and unoriginal, while hip hop is continually evolving and truer to it's roots
Thanks for the advice guys!

Quote by Raaaaar

Aren't you helpful?
NOPE.
You could say how you're really interested in music, and how you want a career in the music industry. Don't just talk about performing, show an interest in sound engineering, or the use of sound in films and games.

Good luck, I'm doing a very similar course and I've never been happier.