Anymore you wish to add to make this thread worth while or are you just advertising/spam?

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
These are nice basses, but they have been posted so many times now...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by gm jack
Holy sh*t!!!

http://www.ritter-basses.com/ritter-basses-baesse/ritter-basses-available-instruments.htm

Read the specs on the second bass. Who can afford a bass like that?!?!

People with alot of money
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Quote by gm jack
Holy sh*t!!!

http://www.ritter-basses.com/ritter-basses-baesse/ritter-basses-available-instruments.htm

Read the specs on the second bass. Who can afford a bass like that?!?!

Hmmm, I've been looking for a new bass for a while now...
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
It's been sold. But even asking what price it sold for is on request only

If I found the person with that bass, I would either steal it, ir scratch it out of spite...
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I am sure Ritter basses are quite wonderful sounding, but they seem slightly excessive like diamonds on the soles of your shoes.
I wonder how they sound.

I mean, really- were mammoths and diamonds and millenia-old woods made for acoustics? :P

Even if they sounded nice, I'd be afraid to touch one- much less play. Or slap-style. Oh god.
How about this one... Flora Aurum. Reported to be the most expensive bass ever made. It has ivory made from mammoth tusks for the nut for goodness sake! TBH, it looks like a piece of art than an instrument.

That's one of the Ritter Royals. None of those babies have a price- you have to request, have someone call you, and then they tell you. You can even have the guy call you himself.

Also, for the note, all the Royals and at least a majority of the normal Ritters have mammoth tusk bone for the nut. But considering the size, half a tusk will last decades of nut usage.
Quote by Twone_
http://www.ritter-royals.com/instruments-available.php

Go down to "The Mythos." 40 frets. Incredible.

And they use mammoth tusk nuts on many of their basses. I wonder how they got their hands on that.

Is it even possible to fret the 40th fret? I think not - useless.

Although they are beautiful, look at the Flora Platinum, amazing piece of wood.
Dear lord! Those are incredible and insane. Is it really needed to have a like extinct wood used for your bass? Or to have an extinct animals bone used on it? You would think a museum or something would get angry about that.

Who would actually buy one of those? Would be terrified to play one. End up smudging it with finger prints and like **** up everything.
Quote by -February-Star-
Real bassists know about different techniques and are aware of the merits and applications of each.

Because we're the least ignorant, most hardworking and most talented musicians in the world. We also surpass all others in general awesomeness.
Quote by The Rival
Dear lord! Those are incredible and insane. Is it really needed to have a like extinct wood used for your bass? Or to have an extinct animals bone used on it? You would think a museum or something would get angry about that.

I am glad someone else feels that way. I just find it more than a bit irresponsible and reprehensible they do use these materials. Its not art to me, but an act of turpitude.
Quote by Waters?
Is it even possible to fret the 40th fret?

A quick blow-up of that picture makes it look like anything after 25-27 is useless. :\

All in all, good to look at, impossible to buy, unthinkable to play. The European aristrocacy of the bass world.
How good can they POSSIBLY sound? I mean come on.
[img]http://www.fan2band.com/DynamicImages/97465_906_49_1997.gif[/img]
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
^Really, really, really good. Anything's possible. How good can a Squier sound? Really, really, really good. Who knows what squier might become?

....im so confused i didnt understand any of that.
[img]http://www.fan2band.com/DynamicImages/97465_906_49_1997.gif[/img]
Quote by KevnTone
....im so confused i didnt understand any of that.

Its easy--yesterday's low rent bass is tomorrow's collector item. Teidesco basses and guitars that were cheap knocks are now vintage collectibles.

Free your mind and the possibilities are quite endless! And greatness is relative and opinionated, so what I think is great may not be your cuppa.
Quote by watchingmefall
If Liberace had been a bassist we would have used a Ritter.

Liberace would be afraid of his diamond coats scratching the neck
So, goin’ down the Amazon in a light green ’57 Chevy, uh. Well, you think that’s, um, kind of heavy?
It almost seems unethical to use mammoth ivory... shouldn't that stuff be in museums or something?

It's like they hire thieves to plunder archaeological sites to make their bass stuff
I believe PRS have used a Mammoth Tusk in only one of their guitars.

Damn, I wanted it bad...
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.