So, a while back my dad dug up his old pro co rat for me to use, since he stopped playing year ago and he just remembered some gear that was going to waste in the attic. I've played this kind of pedal in a store one time and I absolutely loved it, so I was absolutely ecstatic when he handed it to me. Well the joy kind of died out when I plugged it in. It just sounds like a pile of mud, with the gain knob being totally unresponsive.

So I took it to a store to have it examined and possibly repaired. After about two weeks they called me up to tell me that apparantly the IC was burned out. Now my question to you is, what kind of IC goes into this pedal? is there any way to maybe even improve upon its original IC? and where can I get one of these? Its a Pro Co Rat 2 by the way.

Also, I've recently had new pickups installed in my telecaster (I'm too much of a wimp to solder anything myself). Now, while my guitar does sound infinitely better, I noticed that the bridge pickup is now set completely leveled out, as opposed to being tilted like before. Does this affect the sound a lot? should I tilt it like I was before or some other way?

Thank you for your time, and I hope you can help me out here
the older rats had an LM308. the newer ones have an OP07DP. both sound good imo, but i guess the LM is the classic one.

anyway, i love rats.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
possibly. i know that they're supposed to be moderately scarce/expensive, so i dunno. maybe, maybe not. i wouldn't want to tell you one thing and it not be the case. i've never had to shop for one personally, so i couldn't really say. maybe someone can.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
How about the other chip? any idea where I could get one of those easily?

and any thoughts on my second question?