Hey guys.

I'm looking to upgrade my Schecter S-1 Elite. No knock on it, it's a sweet guitar that's done me well, but I've had a few problems with it, and as I've been playing for almost 6 years, I feel like an upgrade.

I play mainly punk/hardcore/metal - my band is similar to Thrice, Story of the Year, Fightstar, early Avenged Sevenfold etc (although without screaming). My amplifier is an ENGL Screamer 50 combo.

I'm looking for a carved-top double-cutaway (Strat-style) guitar, made of mahogany with a maple cap, preferrably with EMGs. I like the neck to be fast and smooth, but I like to be able to feel it, no flimsy necks - I've got large-ish hands and like to feel like I'm actually holding something!

My budget is £700 tops, if possible. (I think that's around $1300ish).

Thanks guys
Quote by steven seagull
How does a guitar with those specs for nearly half your budget sound to you?

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/74671

Get this and spend the rest on candy XD.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by steven seagull
How does a guitar with those specs for nearly half your budget sound to you?

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/74671

I'll sell you the same guitar Steven Seagull linked to for 700 quid and because you will pay more from me that means it'll sound better

All joking aside, I too recomend the guitar in the link. I've have a few washburn electrics over the years and have found that they are good guitars. The guitar might need a fretjob and a pro setup to be able to get the speed you are looking for and you are still going to have to swap out the pickups for EMG's but you could pay the fretwork and setup by selling the duncans that come with the guitar and after you buy your EMG's you will still be well under budget.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
I'll sell you the same guitar Steven Seagull linked to for 700 quid and because you will pay more from me that means it'll sound better

All joking aside, I too recomend the guitar in the link. I've have a few washburn electrics over the years and have found that they are good guitars. The guitar might need a fretjob and a pro setup to be able to get the speed you are looking for and you are still going to have to swap out the pickups for EMG's but you could pay the fretwork and setup by selling the duncans that come with the guitar and after you buy your EMG's you will still be well under budget.

that guitar comes with emgs already. looks awesome.
Quote by CorduroyEW

That one has EMG's

81/85 set, the £300 X50 pro has the Duncans
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Thanks loads for the suggestions guys... Just another quick question - are there any guitars with the same specs but without EMGs that are better than any of those suggested? A pickup swap is any easy thing to do, so I'm quite happy to do it...
I would stick with Schecter if you are used to the feel of them. Their necks are pretty unique. That C-1 Classic that Steve The Plank posted is a good choice. Also check out their Hellraiser series.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
+1 to the Schecter and Washburn

Both guitars are amazingly specced for the price.

Although, you could check out the Ibanez RGA121 Prestige, and swap in some EMG's. It's Jap made and plays so well, it's like sex in your hands.