2 9%
dimbag
6 27%
eddie von helin
10 45%
Voters: 22.
what on earth is festest
Quote by BlakeWilde
You seem oddly effected by my analogy..Have you ever had a bizarre encounter with a 4 legged furry thing?
Wait I just saw you like Metallica. My questions have all been answered in a split second.
well, at least you spelled hendrix right...
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Come on, this isn't a hard poll at all. Van Halen, by far. Then Dime, as a close second.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by symphonyX99

...not wise
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
None of the listen. John Petrucci is easily faster than any of these listed, but if you want opinion on the best guitarist, then I'd choose Page out of these. Hendrix is a little overrated, but still very good. I think Page was the most unique, considering he was like, the first metal guitarist ever.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Quote by dgme92
Come on, this isn't a hard poll at all. Van Halen, by far. Then Dime, as a close second.

How could it be EVH by far with Dimebag as a close second? Obviously EVH didn't win by far if he has a close second place...
Needlenick wrote:

billie joe armstrong

*sorry*
EDIT: none of those are realy that fast but if i have to choose prolly: EVH
A BEER STEIN FULL OF GUMMY BEARS
Quote by Mild Vibe
u decide lol

As much as i hate ignorant rap comments. the one in your sig actually made me lol.
Quote by scarfacesuit
None of the listen. John Petrucci is easily faster than any of these listed, but if you want opinion on the best guitarist, then I'd choose Page out of these. Hendrix is a little overrated, but still very good. I think Page was the most unique, considering he was like, the first metal guitarist ever.

Lol stop kidding yourself. He was not even close to "metal" like everyone thinks he was, never even seen a powerchord in his songs. Blues or folk guitarist at best. If anyone is gonna be the first it has to be Tony Iommi, even though I hate the band.
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Come on...There are like one kazillion threads like this one. On top of that, none of those guitarists are particularly fast. If you want fast check out Rusty Cooley or John Petrucci or some other shredder. Also, please learn to type, my eyes hurt when I try to read your post. Nice attempt to troll, but you didn't fool me.

lol no u jerk
Quote by symphonyX99
Lol stop kidding yourself. He was not even close to "metal" like everyone thinks he was, never even seen a powerchord in his songs. Blues or folk guitarist at best. If anyone is gonna be the first it has to be Tony Iommi, even though I hate the band.

r u stupid?!? he uses powerchords a good deal actually. page was deffinitely the first metal guitarist.
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
Quote by Fiddelers elbow

What a retarded book, English is from ENGLAND not america.
What a retarded book, English is from ENGLAND not america.

Do you realy think I did'nt know that?

the product is from america hence he flag.I dont have the time to root through google images to satisfy annoying little ****s like you
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by Fiddelers elbow
Do you realy think I did'nt know that?

the product is from america hence he flag.I dont have the time to root through google images to satisfy annoying little ****s like you

O Rly!
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.
Quote by symphonyX99

I don't think powerchords make for a good metal guitarist. Maybe a punk guitarist, sure, but metal guitarists should be able to transcend such petty instrumentals.

It's the whole "Zeppelin Vs Sabbath" debate again. They both were the first metal guitarists in my opinion, and it really doesn't matter who came "first" as they were both coming out around the same time anyway.
Needlenick wrote:

Who is Eddie Von Helin?
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Quote by scarfacesuit
I don't think powerchords make for a good metal guitarist. Maybe a punk guitarist, sure, but metal guitarists should be able to transcend such petty instrumentals.

It's the whole "Zeppelin Vs Sabbath" debate again. They both were the first metal guitarists in my opinion, and it really doesn't matter who came "first" as they were both coming out around the same time anyway.

Powerchords and fast solos are key elements of metal. I didn't say Page wasn't a good guitarist, because he was, but everyone makes a false image of him. You don't need to play powerchords to be a great guitarist. However with a severe lacking of powerchords in his songs, I don't see how you can link his name to metal at all. Like I said, he was a great blues and folk guitarist.

EDIT: His solos are clearly blues based as well
Quote by dgme92

Wait.....Van halen by far and then Dime close second?! So is the gap far or close m8? XD just ****ing with ya.
Quote by symphonyX99
Powerchords and fast solos are key elements of metal. I didn't say Page wasn't a good guitarist, because he was, but everyone makes a false image of him. You don't need to play powerchords to be a great guitarist. However with a severe lacking of powerchords in his songs, I don't see how you can link his name to metal at all. Like I said, he was a great blues and folk guitarist.

EDIT: His solos are clearly blues based as well

Slash's solos are very blues based as well, though he is regarded as metal.
Needlenick wrote:

Dimebag because as far as I know eddie von helin is no a person.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.