I want a blues amp that can play small gigs, and can have the sound of Clapton, Mayer, and some Jimmie/Stevie Vaughn. Prices between these two are not an issue and I play a stratocaster through noiseless pickups and a mid boost mod.
I dunno but my Blues Jr. gets pretty fricken loud even when not pushed too hard for cleans. I have no experience with the YCV though. I'm guessing either would work.
Do you need cleans at gigging volumes? And how much are you willing to spend?

I like the Traynor better than the Blues Jr., but I'd think that for similar money, and the artists you list, that you'd absolutely love the Peavey Delta Blues 115.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Preferably, I want an amp that wont break my back and I narrowed it down to these two choices.
Im looking for some distortion similar to Clapton's sound of right now. I also like cleans but that really isn't an issue.

Ill look into that Peavey.
Last edited by Scarface735 at Jan 26, 2008,
o, well under those conditions...i havent played the traynor, but the Blues jr seems lacking when i tried it. like there was always room for improvement. also staying between the price range and non-back breaking...have you tried the peavey classic 30?
^ I have the Classic 30. It's very compact for a 30W amp, and provides you with lots of clean headroom. For Clapton, I think you want that. The Delta Blues is similar, but a little bigger and, IMHO, better. It's an awesome blues machine. A little more stress on the back, but worth it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Yep, the Delta Blues would be very nice. It's certainly worth trying out. What kind of budget are you working with, exactly? It's also worth looking into an Ampeg Reverberocket, if your budget can stretch that far. You'll only be able to find it used, and it comes in a 1x12 that isn't quite as back-breaking as the 2x12.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
For those genres, the Blues Junior definitely.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
thanks guys. I think I'll just go the guitar center and try the classic 30, blues junior and the traynor YVC20 and choice from there.
I'd say the BJ, seeing as they all use Fender amps.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by slatsmania
^ I have the Classic 30. It's very compact for a 30W amp, and provides you with lots of clean headroom. For Clapton, I think you want that. The Delta Blues is similar, but a little bigger and, IMHO, better. It's an awesome blues machine. A little more stress on the back, but worth it.

+1
At least give Slats's post another read over. Don't COMPLETELY ignore the Delta Blues.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
^ Yeah the Delta and Classics are supposed to be nice amps, I have the Classic 50 though loud it gets some nice bluesy clean tones, pretty versatile overall.

I don't know how the Delta compares to the classic but if Slats says it's good it has to be.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows