Hey does anybody knows the scale that Jeff Hanneman seems to play in in about all of his solos?
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
Quote by Bearcat_89
The guys from slayer don't know any scales.
They just play random notes and a lot of chromatic stuff.

I'm pretty sure they KNOW scales, they just don't use them in their solos.
^ Yup, they don't put a lot of thought into their soloing. I haven't seen any slayer tab where Jeff Hannemen uses anything resembeling a simple scale.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
Really? I had no idea. It always sounds like he plays in some scale over and over again an all of his solos.
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS ONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AS NONE
SPEAK OV ME NOT AT ALL
FOR I AM CONTINUAL
yeah, he does, the chromatic scale
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
its called the "hit every note you can while trem picking then rape your whammy like kerry does" scale
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
^ And then Hanneman plays something less widdly, then King goes back to wanking off his trem bar.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
^ And then Hanneman plays something less widdly, then King goes back to wanking off his trem bar.

yeah usually, tbh though i remember watching the download 2007 webcast, jeff came up to solo and i thought, get in this should be good and low and behold, he goes kerry king on it, i was a bit dissapointed in him tbh
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Ha! I have always found humor in those guys' solos. It's funny how their rhythms can be so tight and organized, then when it's solo time chaos ensues. Totally randomly selected notes that seem to have nothing to do with each other. To be fair, they do play the same weird-ass solos live. Reminds me of Greg Ginn (Black Flag) back in the 80s. His rhythm playing was really heavy and spot-on, then he'd bust out some random disjointed solo.
I'm watching the "Still Reigning" video right now. Whackyness.
King's solos are random notes with the Trem, but I always found Hannemen's to have more melody and aren't as messy.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...