Page 1 of 2
For anyone who got started playing guitar because they saw a guitar they loved, or saw their guitar hero play that guitar and just wanted to own one ever since they laid eyes on it. Did you end up getting your dream guitar or realizing it wasn't really what you wanted or just haven't bought one yet, but still want one?

For me it would have to be the Tom delonge sig fender He was my guitar hero and I just loved the strat body and the oversized headstock.

I didn't buy the guitar because when I started learning more about guitars I realized it was just an overpriced Fender with one humbucker in it.

However I did just buy a highway one HSS strat which is perfect for me because it has a strat body and the oversized headstock, but also has 22 frets, jumbo frets by the way which I like and two extra single coils which I love in terms of versatility.

So I guess I kinda did get my dream guitar...did you?
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
i still fap on the RR1 never bought it, still want to, and im gonna try it sometime and see if its really worth the €1000
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Yep, my Carvin DC-747.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
My dream guitars are

American deluxe fender Stratocaster and Telecaster, played them, and I orgasmed, but don't have the money.

I would also like to Buy a decent 12 string some day, they are the sex
haha my dream guitar has always been the Gibson SG Double Neck, cuz im a huge fan of Jimmy Page... needless to say i am yet to buy one haha
Quote by britneyspears69
I got my first guitar recently and people are telling me to get pickups. I don't get it. What do they do? Do they help you when you drop your pick?
Want to buy one of Steve Vais own Ibanez, but it won't get true^^...
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
Gibson SG... and proud to say as of like 3wks ago im now a proud owner

A few hours later...

My Gear:

AMP: Line 6 Spider III 30 Watt
Guitars: Gibson SG Classic (with P-90 Pickups), Martin DCX1E Acoustic-Electric, and Rouge Viola Bass
First it was SRV's strat

but now I realize a Les Paul Standard will do me more good with the type of music I play.

Eh, my Schecter is good enough for at least a year or so before I blow $2k on a new guitar.
My dream guitar was an Angus Young style SG. I got pretty damn close ill tell you that!

'67 Gibson SG Standard
MXR Phase 90 | Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9 | Vox V847A Wah-Wah
'65 Fender Bassman
i wanted a firebird studio or SG... played the firebird studio and was throughly disapointed. then someone mentioned the Epi Version being better... i tried it. feel in love with it and snatched it up since it was a "limited edition"... a month later they're back in stock without the "Epi Custom Shop" stamp on the back of the headstock.

*shrug* its a really nice guitar in the medium price range. kindof wish i had gotten a worn SG tho... sounds shallow but it had "Gibson" at the headstock and that in itself is kindof a draw. :P
I fell in love with Stevie Ray Vaughn's guitar. I first saw it when I was really young, to young to remember exactly where. I didn't even know what kind of guitar it was. But I saw how much time and heart was in the guitar. The same with Lucille. I guess my dream guitar with be the guitar I use until the finish falls off.
Is Tom Delonge still your hero?

My dream guitar was a Gibson Les Paul but I'm not gonna get one anymore.I have to admit that I have tiny hands to play fast stuff on that thick ass neck
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
I bought one of my several dream guitars: The Fender Jaguar.

Now all I need is a '62 Tele and '62 Strat!
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I wanted Kerry King's V, but after playing a few V's, I can't play them sitting.
So my dinky is just as good. =D
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
still savin up for a '62 Fender Jazz Reissue, a Musicman Stingray, and a Modulus FB4.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
I always have kinda wanted an ES-335, and i kinda have one. When I first saw Claudio Sanchez's wine red Explorer, i really wanted one. but thanks to Epiphone, the Explorer is now $500, and may not be worth the refinish and very near complete overhaul. I also really like Page's LP, the plain Honeyburst one. Thats probably the one im closest to getting, but im not too sure now. I really like Frusciante's 70's Strat, which was a sunburst but looks like its about 70 years old. Id love to have one, but again, price is definately an issue there.
I recently bought one of my 3 dream guitars.

I bought the ES-335. XD
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by Broken-pick
Is Tom Delonge still your hero?

Well I still do love his catchy riffs and stuff, but I realized he's just not that good haha.

I've moved on to other heros now like slash, lee gaze from lostprophets and the edge.
Gear:
Line6 UX2
Quote by mrxtreme_4
Well I still do love his catchy riffs and stuff, but I realized he's just not that good haha.

I've moved on to other heros now like slash, lee gaze from lostprophets and the edge.

no offence but, why him

Anyhow, used to think Jimmy Page and Slash were cool with their Les Pauls and of course I wanted a Les Paul too. I still want one but they just are, way too expensive for me, surprisingly.
It's Raining in my Cranium
I got my Gibson les paul 2 days ago.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
i got it, and i found out it isnt as great as i thought it would be...dont get me wrong, when you get used to it playing its as good as it gets, the pickups ive never heard any that match it, but the floyd rose ruins it...and yes, my dream guitar is the razorback explosion, cost me 800 quid
My dream of buying a Takamine EAN10C isn't happening anytime soon.
But! I do have my Aerodyne Jazz bass and my Gibson SG with crescent moon inlays!
Quote by Tero Huttunen
Quote:
Quote by mrxtreme_4

no offence but, why him

I dunno I just think he's a good guitarist with some sick riffs and solo's, I think his tone is pretty good too but lacking at times.
Gear:
Line6 UX2
well my dream guitar is a custom i ill be buying in the next 3-5 years (long wait i kno, but im 16 and i need to buy a car)
ill be ordering it from ran, and its gunna look sexy
I have a 62' Strat but I have to sell it... that sucks!!!
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
dream guitar is some sort of gibson les paul, not sure yet. and no, i havent bought it yet
i kinda did, i bought a watered-down version of one of my dream guitars, the gibson SG, but its a faded special. but its funny because when i was in there buying that i saw my new dream guitar the gibson les paul supreme with arctic white finish. that thing is SEXY

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
i always wanted a blue mustang, i played a few mustangs and loved the sound of them, but i wanted a blue one, because Kurt Cobain had a blue one and i got one almost 2 years ago
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
No...mine are Gibson X-Plorer, V, LP Custom, and SG reissue. MAYBE a Fender Strat.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Wasn't my life long dream guitar, but once I started looking for a new guitar and undersanding quality vs price shopping i did, LTD-M 1000 300$ to go and she is mine, I already bought a pair of Dimarzio Evo's (bridge/neck) to put into her to finish off my dream lover
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
Quote by Tero Huttunen
no offence but, why him

Because he likes him. End of story, get off his case.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Because he likes him. End of story, get off his case.

I was just asking him why he liked him..that's all. I wasn't being rude or anything. Sorry if it seemed like that.
It's Raining in my Cranium
I'd sell my body on the street for an ES-335
Gear
Custom Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
VK 112
Epi VJ
EHX Holy Grail
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Modded Tubescreamer TS7 -> TS-808
Strat Knockoff
My dream guitar was the Fender american Strat and I have one. Now waiting until I see something else I prefer which probably wont be likely
Yes.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
I have 3 dream guitars.

#1. John Petrucci signature Music Man Custom 7-string Ibanez
#2. Dave Mustaine signature custom Jackson (or Dean. Both are awesome)
#3. the ever popular Gibson SG 12/6-string double neck. There's one here for $950.
Page 1 of 2