Hey I am selling my Peavey Rage 15 watt to a friend who only plays acoustic guitar. She got an acoustic/electric for xmas and needs an amp. She is a newbtron 3000 so she won't be concerned about tone. But will it actually produce sound and work?
It should. At least it has for any of the acoustic/electrics I've ever had. The guitar itself may need a battery as well
yup. I've played my drummer's acoustic- electric through my MESA F30 and it sounds quite good, at least on the clean channel. On the lead channel all you can hear is feedback.
As long as you keep the gain low, and the effects off, you should be able to get a good acoustic sound.
Quote by qotsa1998
As long as you keep the gain low, and the effects off, you should be able to get a good acoustic sound.

I was playing my friend's Ibanez V something, through my line6 last friday. I turned on a little bit of phaser, And the sound was really good.

But don't try to put any gain with it, or it'll kill your ears with feedback
If she is a "newbtron 3000" why is she concerned with amplifying herself right now? It seems that if she's just learning, she might as well play unplugged until she needs to plug in for a gig or jam. Either way, as stated, it WILL work, it just seems a bit unnecessary.

Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
15 watt's of peavey rage wouldn't cut it for a gig anyway. In fact, if the guitar is worth a damn, it'll actually be just as loud unplugged