Hi.

I have had many threads about new amps here. But i finally decided to have the Peavey Windsor with a Framus Dragon cab.

But i really need to have the ability to change from heavy leads to nice cleans fast.

1. Having 300$/200Euros, i need a good clean amp which can run through a 8 ohms 412 cab. Head or combo. It doesnt really matter, but it need loud good cleans.

x. The abiliy for Effects Send/return is most appreciated.

3. Any good pedal for running two amps through the same cab?
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
Last edited by perkristian876 at Jan 26, 2008,
It much better idea to buy one good amp instead of two mediocre ones. You can't get anything good for 200 Euros, especially not something loud.
Quote by mr_hankey
It much better idea to buy one good amp instead of two mediocre ones. You can't get anything good for 200 Euros, especially not something loud.

Here is the deal.

300 Dollars or 200 Euros is nothing, if buying amps in Norway. The Peavey Windsor is really good. The windsor is peavey's JCM 800. And it is a good amp! Some say that its at least just as good as the JCM.

i cannot afford a real amp for a long time! I have a very small income (ca $170 in a stipend/scholarship each month) So with a cab, i cant get the DSL i want before spring 2009. I currently play in a band, so i need more sound than my 30w vox has to offer.

Why not a combo? I have tried the DSL combos as well as some ENGL and MESA combos. They have a great sound indeed, but they cant go as loud and punchy as a decent stack. I do not consider myself as a real guitar pro, but i sure as hell know when the sound i get is right for me.

I Tried the windsor against the DSL 401, and the windsor was much deeper and had equal definition in the sound. And that sound was right for ME.

:p
Har nånn egentli vorri langt sjøl om bestemt sæ for å bruk t å me gå å vill å gjør sjå mer lik?
In that case, save the money you have left; don't waste it on some crappy amp.
Yeah, it looks like you just need to save up for a while to find good, especially loud, cleans to keep up with the Peavey Windsor. For that price, you'd be lucky to find a used Fender Hot Rod deluxe or Blues Jr. in America. In norway, i doubt you'd have any such luck.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
In the US if you look around you can usually find a Roland JC-120 at that price. Possibly the best clean amp I've ever used but good luck finding it in Norway. I would just check out anywhere you can get used gear and see what you can find.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.