Don't go for it. It would be way better to get lessons with a teacher; or tbh you could learn everything you need to know from these forums and Wikipedia.
jw i got tons of videos and books thast how i learn. Just wanted to see if these videos were anythying great.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
if i ever needed help i just learned from books rather than videos (tried it once but i hate pausing rewinding all that crap)
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
i thought Marshall had just made an amp called the Land MG. *shivers in fear*
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
I have it. It's quite good. I'm willing to bet that none of the other people in this thread have even tried it. If all you want to d play is rock and metal, it's probably not for you, but you will learn a very solid foundation that will serve you well as a guitarist. I wouldn't say that it's better than taking lessons, but it's more affordable and you have the benefit of being able to learn any number of things at any time without having to wait for a teacher. Give it a shot. You can always return it if you're not happy.
Either get a real teacher (which is the best), or just learn from free stuff.
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.