Page 1 of 3
I just was watching VH1 Classic and there is a live video of Zakk Wylde with Ozzy doing Bark At The Moon live and there seem to be a lot more parts then he is playing.

Like he holds the guitar above his head and there is a bunch of whammy going all the time even when he is picking and the guitar is really ahead of the beat.

I don't really care 4 Zakks playing cuz i had substance abuse probs with the metal life and dont like his example for young people but I didnt really like his playing as much as Randy Rhodes and always thought that Jake E Lee was beter 4 the gig with Ozzy.

Did you know George Lynch (DOKKEN LYNCH MOB) also tried out for that gig? Man that would be awesome

Plus Zakk Wylde got sued for a big scam to give guitars away and didnt from what my freiend saids.

I like Ozzy a lot but I dont care for Zakks playing so much I remember him being a poofy glam rocker when he was awesome just like Diamond Darrell when he was in Ferrari and now they both want to be like hard types!

I have to say that DIO has the best voice for metal except for Halford right now. I never thought I would say it but I think I like post Rhodes Ozzy less then DIO.

Ozzy and Halfords new band (FIST and HALFORD GOD OF METAL) well, I dont want to say.
Last edited by SenorSmiley at Jan 26, 2008,
Most of the videos you'll see for Ozzy will come from DVD's. Usually the footage is from 4-5 different gigs and they just kinda cut n paste random snippets of scenes into different songs.
^ That's pretty much it

It could also be a case of him layering several parts over the top of each other whilst recording and not being able to play them all at the same time live
dude that video of zakk that u sawis messed up.. i saw ozzy live and wen zakk was playin bark at the moon it all looked fine 2 me.. and im a guitar player so id no if somethin is up cuz i no how 2 play bark at the moon... but na man he is the real deal
Who is this Diamond darrell ur speaking off btw? Dimebag darrells lost twin?
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Quote by magvol

Diamond Darrell = Dimebag Darrell
Quote by magvol

Dimebag Darrell used to be known as Diamond Darrell. He changed his stage name sometime in the 90's to Dimebag.
Quote by SenorSmiley

Plus Zakk Wylde got sued for a big scam to give guitars away and didnt from what my freiend saids.

"My friend said' is the stupidest excuse possible. Maybe you should actually research this. A company was offering Zakk Wylde guitars and neglected to tell him or his representation. The company, of course, never actually gave anything away, and Zakk Wylde's lawyers sued them.
Last edited by wanderingguitar at Jan 26, 2008,
Quote by SenorSmiley
Like he holds the guitar above his head and there is a bunch of whammy going all the time even when he is picking and the guitar is really ahead of the beat.

You know that might not be whammy, it is probably Zakks unique vibrato, very wide and fast.

*No advertising in signature*
No, his hands are not even touching the neck.

I love Ozzy.

Diamond Darrell is the guy that was discovered by Mark Ferrari of Keel, Steeler and Slaughter fame.

Stryper even opened for Keels first show and we all know Mike Sweet ROCKS

Here is Mark with Diamond Darrell:

Mark Ferrari produced this new glam band called Pantera.
Quote by Rocker_94
Dimebag Darrell used to be known as Diamond Darrell. He changed his stage name sometime in the 90's to Dimebag.

True. But he was known as Dimebag way before that. If yuo've watched the home videos, you'll hear him being referred to as "Dime" and "Dimebag" back in the CFH-days too. It wasn't put in the CD booklet until FBD, though.
According to Mark Ferarri Pantera was a glam band who changed the image to get signed a lot like Alice N Chainz did
Quote by SenorSmiley

I don't really care 4 Zakks playing cuz i had substance abuse probs with the metal life and dont like his example for young people.

wut?
Zakk Wylde is always swearing and drinking now. When in the old days he was a regular dude. I like to see a clean image in new music. I know im a hypocrite but hey thats what i think.

Jake E Lee was better 4 Ozzy IMHO and RHODES was the best except for TI.
Quote by magvol

you shall be smitten by your own axe. Diamond was Dimebags original name you idiot.
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)
According to the guy that discovered Pantera (MARK FERARRI)

The original PANTERA:

"they are reminiscent of Def Leppard meets Motley Crue meets Night Ranger meets Priest"

Quote by False_God
wut?

These days I respect people like UNCLE TED NUGENT:

ON DIAMOND:

THE NUGE SAYS: "I never thought too highly of anyone foolish enough to take on the nickname of a life-destroying dope product and promote such family-destroying conduct on stage."

TED NUGENT Says PANTERA's Version Of 'Cat Scratch Fever' Had 'No Soul, No Balls' - May 14, 2006

Ted Nugent has slammed PANTERA's cover of his signature tune "Cat Scratch Fever" as having "no soul, no balls" and "no feel," adding that the members of PANTERA appeared as "Ozzy-like zombies on TV" whose conduct on stage went against his lifelong anti-drugs and -drink stance.

Responding to a fan posting on Nugent's official message board (dubbed "The Nuge Board") about late PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott and the VH1 "Behind the Music" special on PANTERA that premiered this past Thursday, Ted (who posts on the message board under the name "Nuge") wrote that he "never thought too highly of anyone foolish enough to take on the nickname of a life-destroying dope product and promote such family-destroying conduct on stage."

When another fan pointed out that Dimebag "loved" Nugent's music and that he had stated in a magazine interview that he often played some of Ted's riffs before a show to loosen up the fingers — going so far as to cover "Cat Scratch Fever" for the 1999 "Detroit Rock City" soundtrack — Nugent responded, "though I'm no expert on all things PANTERA, I did hear their version of 'Cat Scratch Fever' and it was exceedingly white. No soul, no balls, no feel. Caucasian all the way. Elements of dope, booze and heroin disconnect quite apparent as usual. There is no excuse for such horrifically negative, irresponsible, criminal, America-wrecking behavior as such chimp-like substance abuse. Period. They appeared as Ozzy-like zombies on TV. Ya think. American drunks and dopers are allahpuke terrorists' favorite allies. Damn them. Damn them all."

After the fan who started the original thread (who calls himself "the_A_team") defended Dimebag by saying that "you have to at least respect Dime as a guitarist," adding that "even though he did drugs, I heard he didn't do very many," Nugent replied, "I indeed do respect all people for the positives in their life. Sadly, there comes a time of diminishing returns in the balance. At the end of the day, my respect is reserved for those solidly in the asset column of mankind."

TED IS A GOOD ROLE MODEL NO DRUGS OR DRINK WISH I WOULD HAVE FOLLOWED HOI ADVICE
Quote by What_is_my_name
Diamond was Dimebags original name you idiot.

Chill man, just because he didnt know some ones first stage name doesnt make him an idiot.
PANTERRA was a glam band like sounding like "they are reminiscent of Def Leppard meets Motley Crue meets Night Ranger meets Priest" says yhe guy who discovered them.

Now they changed the image to fit the times because Mark Ferrari was a marketing guru and knew the times changed so they faked like they were not glam and were just a manufactured band.

Truth but hey whatever they got paid.
mmk now i think Ted Nugent is an asshole...

but yeah Zakk Plays Live, but he probobly Multi-tracks recrdings( Rhoads did that to, which is part of his signature sound) And he might not be able to play all parts live. hell he coud even have a few recorded tracks playing. but he would be doing all the Solos and important stuff.
Quote by Tubyboulin

but yeah Zakk Plays Live, but he probobly Multi-tracks recrdings( Rhoads did that to, which is part of his signature sound) And he might not be able to play all parts live. hell he coud even have a few recorded tracks playing. but he would be doing all the Solos and important stuff.

Well if Ozzy had 2 guitarists he wouldn't have too.
Quote by SenorSmiley
PANTERRA was a glam band like sounding like "they are reminiscent of Def LepNow they changed the image to fit the times because Mark Ferrari was a marketing guru and knew the times changed so they faked like they were not glam and were just a manufactured band.

Manufactured band? Marc Ferrari had no part in the transition from glam to the thrashy groovy stuff. He was just someone who helped them get in touch with some of the bigger players. He's said so himself.
Quote by Tubyboulin

Ted Nugent has always been a huge, gaping, oozing arsehole.
SenorSmiley, all you did was reassure me that Ted Nugent isn't a good role model. In my opinion, what makes him think hes so great? That he can judge who is bad and good? Guy seems like a dickwad to me. I'll let Dime be my role model over him any day.
Be cool.
So is this a thread about whether or not Zakk Wylde fakes live shows or what some guy thinks about evil horrible Pantera?
Quote by SenorSmiley

TED IS A GOOD ROLE MODEL NO DRUGS OR DRINK WISH I WOULD HAVE FOLLOWED HOI ADVICE

Ted=asshole

therefore

Ted copy=asshole

in conclusion

you=asshole
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Quote by Pikka Bird
Manufactured band? Marc Ferrari had no part in the transition from glam to the thrashy groovy stuff. He was just someone who helped them get in touch with some of the bigger players. He's said so himself.

I don't think Ronnie James Dio is a homosexual. Even if he was he would still be one of my favorite vocalists because I judge people on the talent level and the coolness of their stuff.

Take Rob Halford. He is a homosexual. I love Judas Priest and think British Steel is a masterpiece of metal.

I don't understand why you would mention Dio's sexuality.

If u don't like Ted Nugent thats ur choice. He is the role model 4 a lot of people and a great guitarist and clean living is a nice alternative for youngsters.

Mark Ferarri was Pantera's record producer and changed the direction and sound of the band. Most good record producers do that.

Like Mark Ferrari said, Pantera was nightranger meets def lep meets priest when he met them. personally i like this better but they wanted make money so they changed. that is cool and i have no problem with that

saying who is diamond darrell and all that just shows the ignorence of people
Quote by Pikka Bird

Ted Nugent has always been a huge, gaping, oozing arsehole.

I think so too. Making billions of dollars/good music doesn't you the right to be an arsehole.

And Nugent sounded like this guy: http://www.quickrob.com/weblog/?p=1074, when describing Dime.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by SenorSmiley
According to Mark Ferarri Pantera was a glam band who changed the image to get signed a lot like Alice N Chainz did

=/ They pretty much changed their sound because the music was changing and they wanted to be at the forefront of it. Not to mention Phil wasn't exactly down with all the glam metal crap. Once he took the job they got heavier and heavier. Mostly because of his influence...
Quote by SenorSmiley
These days I respect people like UNCLE TED NUGENT:

ON DIAMOND:

THE NUGE SAYS: "I never thought too highly of anyone foolish enough to take on the nickname of a life-destroying dope product and promote such family-destroying conduct on stage."

TED NUGENT Says PANTERA's Version Of 'Cat Scratch Fever' Had 'No Soul, No Balls' - May 14, 2006

Ted Nugent has slammed PANTERA's cover of his signature tune "Cat Scratch Fever" as having "no soul, no balls" and "no feel," adding that the members of PANTERA appeared as "Ozzy-like zombies on TV" whose conduct on stage went against his lifelong anti-drugs and -drink stance.

Responding to a fan posting on Nugent's official message board (dubbed "The Nuge Board") about late PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott and the VH1 "Behind the Music" special on PANTERA that premiered this past Thursday, Ted (who posts on the message board under the name "Nuge") wrote that he "never thought too highly of anyone foolish enough to take on the nickname of a life-destroying dope product and promote such family-destroying conduct on stage."

When another fan pointed out that Dimebag "loved" Nugent's music and that he had stated in a magazine interview that he often played some of Ted's riffs before a show to loosen up the fingers — going so far as to cover "Cat Scratch Fever" for the 1999 "Detroit Rock City" soundtrack — Nugent responded, "though I'm no expert on all things PANTERA, I did hear their version of 'Cat Scratch Fever' and it was exceedingly white. No soul, no balls, no feel. Caucasian all the way. Elements of dope, booze and heroin disconnect quite apparent as usual. There is no excuse for such horrifically negative, irresponsible, criminal, America-wrecking behavior as such chimp-like substance abuse. Period. They appeared as Ozzy-like zombies on TV. Ya think. American drunks and dopers are allahpuke terrorists' favorite allies. Damn them. Damn them all."

After the fan who started the original thread (who calls himself "the_A_team") defended Dimebag by saying that "you have to at least respect Dime as a guitarist," adding that "even though he did drugs, I heard he didn't do very many," Nugent replied, "I indeed do respect all people for the positives in their life. Sadly, there comes a time of diminishing returns in the balance. At the end of the day, my respect is reserved for those solidly in the asset column of mankind."

woot let's take advice from the asshole conservative!! pantera made cat scratch fever listen-worthy and they did a hell of a lot more for music than mr ted nugent rofl...guys a joke who wants to talk politics at his shows all the time...yawn. Dime did nothing but entertain people...it was his life goal...something he succeeded at much more than Nugent has. Dime is the epitome of a metal guitarist...Nugent is the epitome of an idiot spewing random crap cause he's jealous. Dime lived his life how he wanted to...he didn't need the approval of Nugent or anyone else. Simple as that. Nugent is hardly a good life role model. There's not really such a thing in hard rock/metal. And I'll be damned to believe that Nugent never drank or did drugs...he's a hypocrite just like the rest of us.
Quote by SenorSmiley

Well he does use a ton of pinch harmonics in his playing so maybe that's what you're referring to.
Quote by jimzer
1. DIO is gay
2. Zakk Wylde drinks, he doesn't do drugs.

wtf? dio gay? dude go home and f**k u'reself or something man
Quote by BirdHouse
wtf? dio gay? dude go home and f**k u'reself or something man

I agree, Dio is a god man.
Quote by SenorSmiley
I don't think Ronnie James Dio is a homosexual. Even if he was he would still be one of my favorite vocalists because I judge people on the talent level and the coolness of their stuff.

Take Rob Halford. He is a homosexual. I love Judas Priest and think British Steel is a masterpiece of metal.

I don't understand why you would mention Dio's sexuality.

So you're saying you only look at a musicians skills to decide if you like them, yet slam Zakk for drinking? Besides, none of Ozz's or Zakks music is really geared toward people young enough to consider them rolemodels.

P.S. Ted Nugent is an asshole, and Pantera's version of Cat Scratch Fever was mediocre.

Edit: and who the **** is Ted Nugent to talk about advocating any type of lifestyle when I'm pretty sure he tried to marry someone who was like 16. Pedophilia is alright, just no drugs kids!
Last edited by Trigun472 at Jan 26, 2008,
Quote by RockInPeaceDime
=/ They pretty much changed their sound because the music was changing and they wanted to be at the forefront of it.

Exactly like they were like Priest meets Def Lep meets Nightranger - all really awesome bands

but then mark ferarri was the producer and they changed 2 make more money and get big.

some people call this selling out but i see it as smart marketing moves cuz they would just still be playing clubs if they stayed what they did.

alice in chains (alice n chainz) did the same thing so not a big deal also i knew the guys from sublime back when they were a warrant cover band but they were cool and likes 2 party hard and were into regge 2 so it would be a diferent thing
Page 1 of 3