Page 1 of 6
For Ibanez players.

I personally dont have one yet, but I'm Saving up for an RGR320EX. awesome guitar.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at Jan 26, 2008,
oh, and post pics if u have 'em
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by Kurikinton Fox
It has an Egde III, forget it -_- Waste of money.

oh.... than i'll just get new pickups for my lespaul..
~Gear~

Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez XTB30R
typhoon Start(starter)
typhoon 15 watt Amplifier(starter)

My Band Rocks your fucking socks off
Quote by caperguitar
oh.... than i'll just get new pickups for my lespaul..

No, he is wrong it doesn't have an edge lll.
I got an Ibanez RG321, i love it.

wow i just realized how long i've had that RG, cuz thats like a two year old picture haha
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
I love my AS73. Great blues/classic rock, handles heavy distortion with no uncontrollable feedback and a neck like butter. Knockout looks and quality.
if the ibanez rg1570 had ebony fretboard it would be my next guitar.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by Kurikinton Fox
It has an Egde III, forget it -_- Waste of money.

Not all RGs are equiped with the Edge III. The RG1570 is a great choice, solid Edge Pro trem. Only thing lacking is the pickups, but thats easily swapable.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
sorry this is a stupid question, what is wrong with an edge 3? which types are better?
Edge 3 is made from inferior materials, causing the knife edges to wear out over time and lose its tuning stability and such. The Edge Pro on the other hand is considered equal to an OFR, some people even say its better.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
1993 Ibanez RG570. Original Edge trem, and I loaded it with some BK Miracle Man pups. Great guitar for the cash, can be had very cheap these days.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
i dont know why i thought the title said... "ibanez-ers, CUM"...

pointless/

and to Erock503... ... if i ever come across one of those i will certainly buy it
Quote by Erock503
1993 Ibanez RG570. Original Edge trem, and I loaded it with some BK Miracle Man pups. Great guitar for the cash, can be had very cheap these days.

dude thats really nice
My Band's Myspace

Quote by sizzlefizzle
when it comes to girls, the best thing to do is to just give up on trying to understand them.

cant live with 'em, cant live without certain parts of 'em.
owned a few Ibby RG's years ago. hated the Edge 3 trem. loathed it!

picked up a RGA121 Prestige right before Xmas this year. I went for it because it had the Gibralter Plus bridge & 5 piece neck. I absolutely love it. It made me an Ibanez man again. plus the included Prestige Case is the best fitting and looking case I've ever laid eyes on. just looking at the case makes me
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Quote by Erock503
thanks guys, I like it alot.

Sweet looking RG man! How do ya keep it in such good condition!? Also, did you not have much more Ibanezs? I remember checking out your profile and you had a few with EMG's in them...

EDIT: Just to make sure I don't spam...

Last edited by Mwoit at Jan 26, 2008,
I got a Ibanez from Musiciansfriend.com for heavier music (drop C) and I'm waiting for it to come in. I have a Standard Strat, but I can no longer drop it into C tuning because I got it fixed up. They said a strat on 9 gauges that doesn't have a fixed bridge shouldn't be able to go to drop C without humming. Is this true?
my Ibanez continues to get better as i tweak the pickup height, action, etc. i'm also saving some money to eventually replace the pickups, as the stock ones are pretty weak.

excellent guitar for the money though.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
RGA121, RG321, RG120 I am pleased with all. Might swap the pups of the RGA121, as they sound thin with distortion.
Unless you need the tremelo, go hardtail, less to hassle with.
Vader, I know you will agree the RGA121 is an: eeeeeeeeerighteous guitar!
Quote by Mwoit
Sweet looking RG man! How do ya keep it in such good condition!? Also, did you not have much more Ibanezs? I remember checking out your profile and you had a few with EMG's in them...

thanks man. Yeah, I had an RG1570 and RG320. I wanted to diversify a little, so I sold them off, and kept my favorite.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
^
Dead Sexy
Quote by silhouettica

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Ive got an RG370DX, its pretty sweet. I'd rather have something with a set bridge, or a hardtail.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Here is what i posted on another post about the Lowend Rg's

I've owned my 370dx(basically the same guitar just minus the pickguard) for over a year now and love the guitar but also absolutly hate it as well. Heres all the work you have to put into to it make it 100%

Normal setup stuff:
Adjust Truss Rod for neck relief
Intonation adjustment
Bridge height adjustment
Had to tighten all screws
Neck screws need to be retightened once a month and check after playing heavy.
Also neck and boddy will creak when doing tremolo acrobatics so if your recording might be an issue. Because it is loud..

Now the fun stuff:
The guitar does not come shimmed so you we have to insert a shim in the neck or you will never get the relief and bridge angle correct also fixs alot of the buzzing issues.

Routing of the trem cavity so you can Get your pull on!(In the words of Dimebag)
Basically you can only pull the trem back a quarter of what you should be able too.

Shim the locking nut as well. Was too low and caused buzz.

Also the pickups were decent but had to be replaced and depending on the pickup you might have to route out to make a slightly bigger hole for the pickup.

Tremolo after one month had knife edge wear and that was with minimial use.

Also. If your changing tunings at all do not go with a Floyd based gutiar!

Stretch the hell out of your strings before you lock it down and tune it or you will get the wrath of retuning the thing 50 times before it sets it place right.

Now for the good stuff:

It plays like a dream
Extremely low action with no buzz
Fast neck and comfortable
Stayed in tune (Altough now i have it locked down in the current configuration)
Still some minor tweaks need to be done but all in all its pretty good.

But on the other hand i will never buy a low end RG again.

So if your keen on doing all of the above and wasting alot of time then go for it you will love it.

Also this guitar was purchased brand new and was never played straight from the factory in the box.

Now alot of poeple just play the thing out of the box and dont care about all the issues. But if your detail crazy like me when it comes to things being setup properly and you hate buzzing or know something is off and you dont know what. Then it will drive you insane lol
i definitely love my Ibanez SZ320 <3
what i want to get in the future though is an RG1570... that's the guitar I really want atm
proud owner of a S7320, ADX120h and soon a XPT707fx(allready ordered). gunna be the first one in canada. pretty awesome.
I own a RG470. Basically a 570 with a shoddy trem. Still plays awesome nonetheless.

And Erock, how hard was it to adjust from a 6 RG to a Schecter Hellraiser 7?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by ibanezguitarz07
I got an Ibanez RG321, i love it.

wow i just realized how long i've had that RG, cuz thats like a two year old picture haha

Got the same strap :-)
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Nebjy is an Ibanez player

(just tell me to make smaller if neccecary.)

And I've got this ibanez SAGE acoustic. I still haven't come up with a sexy name to match the pure sexiness of the guitar yet...
I don't even shred
I love my GRG270B, check out my profile for pics. I play on getting either the MTM1 or a RGA in the future
Manchester United
Quote by aznrockerdude
And Erock, how hard was it to adjust from a 6 RG to a Schecter Hellraiser 7?

actually man, it's not hard going to the 7, I've found it's actually harder going back to the 6 tbh. There is a ton of real estate on the 7's, going back to the 6 takes some adjusting for me.

Quote by pifty

very nice man.
amp clips
amp vids