Hi! I have dust accumulating between my 3 single-coil pickups in my Strat.

I already tried to clean it with:
- a tissue (bad idea -- too big, puts many pressure in the strings and doesn't let you detail clean it);
- toilet paper (too fragile, the strings rip it);
- one of those little cotton sticks used to clean the inside of your ears (also not great of an idea -- too small, takes a lot of time, you still need to work your way between the strings, and doesn't "grab" the dust, just moves it around).

I was wondering if anyone has an effective technique that wouldn't mind sharing with me... I really like my black Strat nice and shiny!
Oh, and please share with me also the technique you use to clean the bridge and behind the strings in the headstock!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Fish a dry cloth under the strings and grab it from both sides and go back and forth if you need more pressure put a pencil on top of the cloth
Quote by Jaymz_515
One of my friends was thrown into the sun by a teacher for speaking in the library.
I just run a small cloth under the strings, it cleans it well, but I always make sure i give it an extra good clean when the strings are off.
Quote by Yeathatwasme
Fish a dry cloth under the strings and grab it from both sides and go back and forth if you need more pressure put a pencil on top of the cloth

Yep, already tried that, but i don't have a cloth small enough to fit under the strings without putting great pressure on them... Guess i'll have to buy one!
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
just loosen all of the strings enough so the don't come off but you can pick them up and clean as you need
I use a duster. It gets the stuff pretty well. Buy a flat one. It works for in-between pups. for headstock, the q-tips was a good idea. And use them for the bridge too.
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)
Buy a polish cloth from music shops, they're only 5 bucks and are really good.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
dust-off
cloth (pull it under the strings.. i guess.
+1 for the toothbrush.

You're only supposed to keep them for a month or so anyway.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
try wetting one of the cotton buds so that it does grab the dust - yeah it'll still take awhile but its worth it
Either canned air or a small duster.

I like these. http://www.swiffer.com/swiffer/en_US/duster.do
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Nice ideas! Thanks, guys!
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Surely the obvious thing to do is slacken the strings completely, but don't take 'em off. Clean, re-tune...