Poll: Head or combo
Poll Options
View poll results: Head or combo
Head + a 212
22 81%
combo all the way
5 19%
Voters: 27.
Well i finally decided on a amp, im getting a Carvin V3. But the problem is im not sure if i want the combo, or the head+a Avatar cab (212). I really dont know which to get. Im buying it NEW from carvin, b/c i plan on keeping it for a long time and i just love the "new amp smell". And about how many watt cab would i need for a V3 head? if i get the head.

go here to see

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/group.php?cid=6
If you plan on keeping it for a long time get the head. Then if you outgrow the cabs you can just switch it onto a new one.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Good idea. Can someone link me to a 212 cab that would be good. And i heard people saying that vaders were "Metal cabs" i like them, but i like to play a lot of other stuff to so thats why im not 100% sure on what cab im going to get.
If youve got 500 to spend, orange 212 with v30's is nicer than the avatar, it just depends on how long you want your cab.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
avatar cabs or mabe even a b52 st, 2x12 its loaded with V30's
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by forsaknazrael
Avatar cab. Load it with Hellatones.

It should be rated for 100W, at least, since the V3 is a 100W head.

either an avatar 212 with v30's (or hellatones, which is just a broken in v30)
Or an orange 212 with v30's is what i suggest.
Unless youre a tone nazi, you wont notice the difference between them, but the orange is slightly better.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by jimmy666page666
Good idea. Can someone link me to a 212 cab that would be good. And i heard people saying that vaders were "Metal cabs" i like them, but i like to play a lot of other stuff to so thats why im not 100% sure on what cab im going to get.

I love Vader Cabs. Built like tanks and they have amazing sound quality when on distortion. Not to sure about cleans though. Only used one once when jamming at a friends. I would go with the Avatar if you want versatility.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
dude get a V3 and save up some more money for a vadar cab. ive heard those two together, its ****ing heaven.
i watched some vids but none happen to go on clean, so im just asking has anyone played the vader on clean? Does it do a decent job, i dont play cleans A LOT but once in a while i like to for a few.
Last edited by jimmy666page666 at Jan 26, 2008,
4 consecutive posts. I'm surprised you haven't been warned/banned.
And 2 Fast 2 Vader owns a 212 Vader cab I think.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by kool98769
If youve got 500 to spend, orange 212 with v30's is nicer than the avatar, it just depends on how long you want your cab.

The only downside to orange cabs is that they are incredibly heavy for some reason.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by jimmy666page666
They were all over a hour+ apart and i waited untill it was halfway down the second page..

You're still supposed to wait til the next day or until someone else posts.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I have a v3 head as well and am planning to do the same thing, but ive heard the v3 with v30's and i have to say that imo g12t75's sound better with the v3
Quote by kool98769
either an avatar 212 with v30's (or hellatones, which is just a broken in v30)
Or an orange 212 with v30's is what i suggest.
Unless youre a tone nazi, you wont notice the difference between them, but the orange is slightly better.

I think Hellatones are more than just broken in V30's. They're supposed to be aged, not just broken in. They're warmer than V30's that have already been broken in. I personally don't really like V30's, but Hellatones sound pretty nice.