I just got this old guitar from my friend and now i'm going to sand it down and repaint it first. The problem is that i dont have any ideas for it. Any ideas are appreciated. Heres the guitar:

Originally Posted by LadyHellraiser
I have to say, if she posts a picture of herself nude in a bathtub on myspace for the whole world to see, she probably has some VD.
Sell it to me
But, really, refinish it flat black and add all gold hardware, including 2 burstbuckers
2 volume, 1 tone
Get a nice neck from mightymite or warmoth
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
yeah, i was even thinking repainting it white and then painting black barbed wire all over it. i think it would look sharp but it would be so tricky to do
I have to say, if she posts a picture of herself nude in a bathtub on myspace for the whole world to see, she probably has some VD.
you could just give it to me, and i assure you ill take care of it
Quote by Øttər
I'll accept Jesus into my heart if the neighboorhood accepts my penis into it's street.
Quote by Invader Jim
I hate to see these vintage, probably rare guitars being repainted...

Anyway, paint it white with a black burst. Pic soon.

That would be neat. You can get the rustoleum lacquer at walmart for like 4 bucks a can. Spray the front white. Then do the back of the guitar black and proceed by doing the sides only, with the black. This should work.

Edit: If you've never done this before. Practice painting on crap with cheap spray paint. Also unless you have a powersander/ know someone with one the sanding job by hand will be enough to disinterest you.
I think it would look cool if you painted it white and then had a type of black "wave" coming from the top left spike (the one that sticks out the most). I dont know how else to explain it, sort of like it fades from black to white from the spike (or horn, whatever you call it).
^ Thats nice. You just got given that guitar? your lucky lol. Im gettin an LP knock off a Satellite or somethin and i might do that colour scheme on it with all black hardware...
well, i really didnt want to have to repaint it but it was pretty beat and they only way to really fix it up was to sand it. i ended up sanding it by hand because i dont want to take to much off the body. My dads basically a carpentar so i have all the tools!