What pickups should i get for my Epiphone les paul 100 my budget is 200 $..
Attachments:
LP.jpg
~Gear~

Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez XTB30R
typhoon Start(starter)
typhoon 15 watt Amplifier(starter)

My Band Rocks your fucking socks off
If you're a metalhead go with 81/85 active EMG's, but if you play any other kind of music try dimarzio evolutions or any kind of duncans
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
u should get a set of seymour duncan new guitar
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
Get a new amp if you want to improve your tone, there's very little point upgrading pickups on a cheap plywood guitar like the Special anyway.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
man the les paul better tone than a mexi strat ( wich i has) and i don't know about a S/H but i'm ****ing upgrading my guitar i don't wanna know if the lp 100 is ****( wich i know it's not) but tell me wha pickups are best for metal
~Gear~

Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez XTB30R
typhoon Start(starter)

Quote by steven seagull
Get a new amp if you want to improve your tone, there's very little point upgrading pickups on a cheap plywood guitar like the Special anyway.

dude i'm using a ebony les paul 100 not as ****ing cheap special 2
~Gear~

Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez XTB30R
typhoon Start(starter)

You're using this.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul100-HiPerformance-Pack-with-Valve-Junior-Amp?sku=514492

and you said you had a mexi strat? You have a knockoff strat.

Edit

It's alder, mahogany and rosewood. No ebony.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Last edited by Artemis Entreri at Jan 26, 2008,
Quote by Artemis Entreri

and you said you had a mexi strat? You have a knockoff strat.

No ebony.

explain to me how a Mexi Strat is a knockoff

Quote by Artemis Entreri
No ebony.

He was referring to the color.

TS: seriously though, pickups wont do much in your guitar... you are much better off investing in a better LP (if you like the tone)... but if you insist I suppose the EMG 81/ 85
Last edited by Wylde_Life at Jan 27, 2008,
Mexi strat is **** compared to an american one.
I didn't know EMG made an 82. Do you mean 85?
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
I think he was refering to the color of the guitar not what it is made out of. I have the same guitar its not to bad does the job. Dont know about pickups for metal. I have SD phat cats in mine. I know the ones the 100 comes with are wound pretty hot, but epi doesnt do a good job of it. And they sound even worse thru a small practice amp. If your still using the amp listed on your profile then that would be a better option can always get pickups later.
If you must, you could just get EMGs, but I think that your money would be better spent saving for a better guitar or amp.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Kent armstrong Motherbucker or a d'marzio Evo 2
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
your willing to spend almost the same amount as you paid for your entire guitar on pups?

meh if you really want to you can, but id save up for a better guitar, or amp like everyone one else has already said.

but personally if your dead set on upgrading... which I do highly recommend getting a new amp first. I would suggest some bill lawrences, or maybe some hot SD. But bill lawrence made the pickups that dimebag used. and they are not to expensive
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
screw the 100.. go get a schecter c1-fr like i am soon and possibly a cube of some sort
Quote by caperguitar

sorry, my mistake, it's a cheap ass 100, not a cheap ass special...

I really don't think pickups are going to be worth your money, the amp's not all that great, the guitar's not all that great. You'd be better off spending your money on a couple of pedals.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Artemis Entreri
He says he has a mexi strat. But on his sig it says Typhoon Strat.

i had one but that was when i was a little **** and i didn't know how to play so i had my parents sell it lol
~Gear~

Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez XTB30R
typhoon Start(starter)

Quote by steven seagull
sorry, my mistake, it's a cheap ass 100, not a cheap ass special...

I really don't think pickups are going to be worth your money, the amp's not all that great, the guitar's not all that great. You'd be better off spending your money on a couple of pedals.

i can't stand pedels i tried them..they don't do anything to the sound i'm trying to get..i have a nice amp
~Gear~

Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez XTB30R
typhoon Start(starter)

U should pick between....Seymour Duncan/ EMGs....well both are nice...but it depends on ur taste...and BTW....ur amp doesn't sound that good....hehehehehehe...well i have an amp like that before...well you must change it in order to get the right sound u wanted!!!
that amp isnt really good at all... Upgrade to a nicer amp and put a good OD pedal in front of if you want a Brutal Death Metal sound.
Quote by PimpedOutSquier
Mexi strat is **** compared to an american one.
I didn't know EMG made an 82. Do you mean 85?

Actually the modern MIM are pretty decent. They use our parts just assemble it over there. I had a MIM Jazz Bass that I played for a while.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Sorry, your amp isn't nice.

sorry your mom is a fat sea cow..
~Gear~

Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez XTB30R
typhoon Start(starter)

Quote by MacKuLiT
U should pick between....Seymour Duncan/ EMGs....well both are nice...but it depends on ur taste...and BTW....ur amp doesn't sound that good....hehehehehehe...well i have an amp like that before...well you must change it in order to get the right sound u wanted!!!

got the good amp sound....need a better guitar sound..and dont ****ing say upgrade your guitar the ****ing pickups make it all the guitars are just what u play on
~Gear~

Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez XTB30R
typhoon Start(starter)

uh, no offense, but you are a ****ing idiot. You abviously know nothing about guitars, amps or tone for that matter. Everyone here is trying to help you and probably has a lot more experience then you do. The lp 100 is that bad if you have a good amp but you have something that is probably no better than a First Act SS amp. You want to know what pickups you should get? Come ask when you don't feel like being an asshole and you have a good amp. I don't really know metal amps but the best idea in my opinion for you would be a valve junior with a good OD pedal. Then a new guitar. Then pickups.

EDIT: And by the way you are wrong. Amps will affect a huge amount of your tone, much more than pickups.
You know what? I tried to help. I'm sorry you're too ignorant to listen to people more experienced than you.

Amps are responsible for the majority of your tone. Pickups play a small part of it. So if you think your amp is AMAZING...why do you want to upgrade your pickups? Because you don't like the tone...Which the amp is responsible for..
Quote by caperguitar
sorry your mom is a fat sea cow..

was i that stupid when i was 14??

get a better guitar, get a better amp, stop trying to be a tough little sh*t
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
you might as well just stick with that guitar for now, it will last you a while. just get an amp instead of pickups
I see no sign of fortress.