I learned the chords for When I Come Around by Green Day and I can play them pretty decently, however my transitions between the chords are still slow so the song sounds choppy. I first started practicing the song yesterday for about 4-5 hours. Only been playing guitar for about a week but I'm playing at least 1-2 hours a day. How long will it take before I can make the song sound seamless?
Just keep playing the song over and over. Im telling you it just depends on the person, just keep practicing.
Break the song up into chunks. Focus on switching between the first two chords, and once you have that down pat, practice switching between the next two chords, etc. until you can play the whole song perfectly.
Color
is
subjective.
play really slow and get every single note out. when it becomes more natural, you can speed it up
Quote by BOBThaBuilda
Is it normal though for me to be taking so long to get this song down?

Don't worry about it. You've only been playing guitar for a week and you just started practicing the song yesterday. Keep practicing. In time, as you expand your horizons and become more advanced, you'll see that you won't have to work on one song as much to perfect it as you do now.

Practice, practice, practice.
Color
is
subjective.
Have you tryed just fingering the chords and seeing how fast you can do them? Thats helps me, then i start adding the strumming.
Quote by JessicaGonzo
Have you tryed just fingering the chords and seeing how fast you can do them? Thats helps me, then i start adding the strumming.

yeah, well i do this but i strum once. guess i'll just keep doing this til i get it down seamless.