Poll: When Is It Okay For A Man To Cry
Poll Options
View poll results: When Is It Okay For A Man To Cry
No, a man should remain strong all the time and only cry when he suffers the loss of a loved one.
126 33%
Yes, a man can cry whenever he feels its necessary
256 67%
Voters: 382.
Page 1 of 4
Basically Im a bit down on my luck so to speak and Im just dealing with it. A female friend of mine asked me how I felt and I said "I feel like crying but crying wont solve my problems so Im dealing with it the best way I can just by going along with it and taking each challenge as it comes."

She said "Well if you feel like crying then you should. It will help."

I said back "No, crying will make me worse because it will emasculate me."

Then she got annoyed. Really annoyed. Like so annoyed she was going to hit me.

I said "A man should only cry if he suffers the loss of a loved one. A man doesnt cry because he is depressed, angry, upset about something trivial, a bit depressed etc."

Then she slapped me.

She told me that I was the worse kind of person, an emotionless freak etc...

But seriously, I dont think a guy should cry if he finds life a has dealt him a bit of crap.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
No wonder you want to cry with friends like that.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Crying really does feel better to a certain extent. But it won't fix anything. So you were like half right. And the bitch overreacted. Pimp slap that hoe.
nah man.. three things thats ok to cry about
loss of a loved one
loss of your penis
or if your dog dies..

thats it..
Quote by a6l6e6x1
hahaha "sexism the ultimate humour" a6l6e6x, 2008

My gear:
Kramer Custom Made from 1986
Framus Manhattan
Phaiga Hybrid H1
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez RG305DX
Framus Dragon Top
Custom Cab with 6 Celestion G12H Speakers
If you cry more than once every 5 years, you are a woman.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Beat that bitch silly.

Men should have a stiffer upper lip.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
You're friend took it way to far. But I feel that a man should cry whenever the hell he wants to. Crying is not 'Un-manly' and you are not a 'pussy' for crying. Crying makes me feel better
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
No, men should never cry. You should bottle up your emotions and become an abusive alcoholic in 5 years.

My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
^ EDIT: Was it fate? Destiny? We think along the same lines.

Quote by Dimebag22
You're friend took it way to far. But I feel that a man should cry whenever the hell he wants to. Crying is not 'Un-manly' and you are not a 'pussy' for crying. Crying makes me feel better

It also makes you a child and/or a woman. Come on man, join the club and bottle your emotions for years and years until you become an abusive alcoholic.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I cry when I want,

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Last edited by Don't Panic Ok? at Jan 26, 2008,
I just think its a sign of weakness. I cant cry unless someone I love has died, or a girlfriends had another mans baby.

If I feel depressed and I feel like I want to cry, I supress it. Its the only way because its just weak. A man has to maintain a certain aire of strength and crying is a weakness.

I dont have physical strength so I have to maintain other areas of male characteristics to show I am still mentally strong.
Crying?

That's eyepeeing!!!11
eww u so gross dood.

But seriously. It's alright to cry sometimes. I'd imagine when you do it releases some "feel good" hormones and chemicals, like dopamine or something. I'm not sure.
Emz slapped you?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by darkstar2466
^ EDIT: Was it fate? Destiny? We think along the same lines.

It also makes you a child and/or a woman. Come on man, join the club and bottle your emotions for years and years until you become an abusive alcoholic.

Amen to that!
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
The funny thing is, that not crying for that reason makes you not a man.

You're afraid to cry, showing fear is just as "unmanly" as crying.

Though I agree with not crying over the little things, a real man's not afraid to show emotions when they come. It may not help or solve anything, but what does not crying solve or prove? Nothing.

In short men are not afraid to be themselves, not what others expect of them.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
The only part of a man that is allowed to cry is his penis. But i believe thats called pissing.
Crying in public is scientifically proven to shrink your testicles and lower your sperm count. Repeated offences cause your willy to shrivel and fall off.
Quote by Kensai
Emz slapped you?

Pff Emz always slaps me.... But I enjoy it.

This doesnt refer to Emz anyway I havent spoken to her in a while. (And she never uses the word freak... She hates that word... Man I know her a little too well).
I think a real man should be able to cry whenever he wants to and not give a **** about what other people might think.

It makes it seem like you're trying to hide something else that makes you not-so-manly, so you compensate for it by not crying, which is considered "manly".

But that's just my opinion. That was a generality, by the way, I'm not bashing the threadstarter.

Also, that chick completely overreacted in every sense of the word. Totally inappropriate.
lmao wtf is up with you? bottling it all up is pathetic, who are you trying to impress? just cry ffs. sure its not the manliest thing to do but you have to listen to what your emotions are trying to tell you, you masterbate right? is that much better? stop listening to what the ****ty society wants you to do and tell you how you should act.

Cry
Get over it/yourself
Deal with it.

i can understand if youre a bit pathetic and cry over the littlest things but crying every now and then doesnt matter.
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by GiantRaven
What is it with guys and being so 'oh yeah crying is BAD!'

Because crying is the manifestation of a mans unsuitability for life.
Crying relieves stress due to some chemical released in the brain. That being said, I rarely cry...last time I did was probably when my grandmother died. To each his/her own.
The closest I've come to crying in a while is shedding exactly one tear. It rolled down my cheek and evaporated into the sunset as I reflected upon the situation.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
crying is okay man, but yeah, it doesnt solve anything, so its basically wasted time, but if a guy feels like crying then go ahead and cry, after a while it wont matter to you anymore for whatever you were crying about, its just a spontainious emotion i suppose, but yeah, whatevers good for you man.
like everything else its a person to person thing, personally i believe that a stiff upper lip is a good thing, but there are times where emotions get the better of me, and honestly sometimes you just feel worse for crying, its a nurture thing i think, you feel weak for crying and i totally understand that, no one wants to be vulnerable,because in my mind vulnerability goes hand in hand with weakness, you may disagree with this, but thats how i've seen it in my life

for the record any friend that slaps you after you've just explained that your feeling down but don't want to cry is an over emotional retard, seriously "yeah i feel down, but crying just isnt a real way to deal with problems" so she hits you for being emotionless, honestly with friends like that, what little wonder things aren't turning around, christ
Quote by Guitardude19

Then she slapped me.

Stay out of the kitchen for a while until she calms down...

Edit: Crying is no more a sign of weakness than not crying is a sign of being emotionless, it's stupid to say either.
Last edited by bequickorbedead at Jan 26, 2008,
A man should remain strong all the time and only cry when he suffers the loss of a loved one.
my crying is like a volcano...kinda just builds up and up and up...until i can't hold the crap in anymore and i let...just enough out...just so that everything's stable and i can forget about how bad my life sucks until it piles up again...i'm told that bottling is unhealthy but...f that...i'll do it anyways
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
it doesn't matter what you say or what they say, once you cry, they lose respect for you. that's just how shit goes.
a real man isnt afraid of anythin. so a real man shudnt be afraid of crying. shudnt be afraid of wat people think of him if he cries.

Real Men Cry!
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Arthur Curry
it doesn't matter what you say or what they say, once you cry, they lose respect for you. that's just how shit goes.

Yeah, that sums it up well.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
A man should cry whenever the **** he feels it necessary.
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]Well.
Men are all emotionless imo.
Some girls like sensitive guys.

Im not afraid or ashamed to cry... does that make me unemotionless?
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Get over yourself. Seriously. People with that 'men show no emotions' attitude are ridiculous and deceived. Crying is a natural reaction used to deal with over whelming emotions; whether they be joy, depression, confusion, or whatever. There's nothing emasculating about crying. Yeah it's not gonna solve anything, but neither is sitting around complaining to people. So you might as well not do that. In fact, feeling depressed in the first place won't solve anything, so stray from that too.

For God's sake man, it makes you human to cry and show emotion. Nothing more, nothing less. If anything, in my book it makes you the bigger man to cry, because you're not buying into this social image crap that gets shoveled down your throat.
Too many guys have this over blown inflated testosterone driven ego image of themselves. You're no stronger than anyone else because you don't cry. You're weaker. You're too worried about 'emasculating' yourself to have a human reaction.

With all that, there are some people who don't cry (women included) and that's fine. Suit yourself. And there are some people who take it a bit too far, throwing tantrums in public when they're 19. That's absolutely ridiculous. But I'm assuming you're not either case, especially if you're indicating that you felt the impulse to cry.

Long story short: grow up, get over this self constructed image, and be a man.
DOWN&OUT

no they dont...i'm one of those...i have about as much game as a tiled floor

EDIT: not 'cuz i'm ugly either...it's 'cuz i get smacked in "friend-zone" because i don't act like a prick towards chicks 'cuz they're apprarently into that kind of thing
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby

men aren't emotionless. it's just a matter of whether or not they choose to reveal those emotions. but i think the male should carry on some sense of stoicism in a relationship to give the girl someone to rely on.

that's just me though. different strokes for different folks.
Page 1 of 4