Ok so im planning on buying a peavey valveking head but i dont want to buy the matching cab as its a bit to expensive for me even though its something like $430.

So I've been looking at getting either a peavey windsor cab for $280 or a marshall mc212 for $340. I play lots of metal and such but also would like fairly decent cleans. I like the marshall because you can switch between mono/stereo and because it is more compact the a 4x12 but I also like the peavey because it is a bit cheaper.

So what do you guys think would be better also could you give suggestions on other cabs my price range is anything under $400
Quote by Needled 7/11
Ok so im planning on buying a peavey valveking head but i dont want to buy the matching cab as its a bit to expensive for me even though its something like $430.

So I've been looking at getting either a peavey windsor cab for $280 or a marshall mc212 for $340. I play lots of metal and such but also would like fairly decent cleans. I like the marshall because you can switch between mono/stereo and because it is more compact the a 4x12 but I also like the peavey because it is a bit cheaper.

So what do you guys think would be better also could you give suggestions on other cabs my price range is anything under $400

the marshall is a giant peice of shat. its an overpriced particle board with sad excuses for speakers in there
you'd be paying 100 for the cab, and 100 for each speaker...you could get an avatar with genuine GOOD speakers with a GOOD quality build for the same price.
The speakers in the marshall are not even worth buying, let alone paying 100 bucks for em.
Dont get sucked into the brand name dude.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Both cabs pretty much suck to be honest. if you buy the marshall you will be paying that much because of the marshall name on it not the quality of the speakers and wood. the peavey windsor cab is also pretty bad i think its more solid but the speakers arent really any better.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com