What are the cons and pros between them? I always practice economy picking, but should I start to practice alternative picking as well?
First learn how to alternate pick... Then learn economy...

When I don't want to think a lot... I just use economy...

But I found out that you get better sound when you alternate pick... it more even when speaking of dynamics and tempo... I'm planing on "unlearning" economy because I play better with alternate...

Just my experience... Some will agree, some will disagree...
I'm sorry for my bad English
Economy for me,it's more natural to me.
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
well i think economy picking is more 'economical' (sounds stupid to say) but i think you can use alternative picking as well to help your technique
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Economy picking comes natrually to me. I find alternate picking really awkward.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Practice both. I say dedicate the first half of your time that you're practicing picking to alternate and then the next half to economy. I used to find economy picking much easier, but now I alternate pick pretty much everything.

Knowing both seems to be the best way, because you'll be able to accent things differently. Because downpicking twice sounds much different than a downpick and than an up-pick. Good to switch it up between the two
Quote by Zvahl
What are the cons and pros between them? I always practice economy picking, but should I start to practice alternative picking as well?

Technically they both just different takes on the same idea: to be able to economy pick you have to be able to alternate pick, don't really think about which one is better just practice something that uses one or the other like a three note per string scale and see which one lends itself to rhythmic accuracy under your fingers: that's the one you should use.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I try to do my exercises and scales in alternate picking. It has helped alot with my regular playing. When I play songs it what ever works or sounds the best. Some things work best all down strokes some can go either way.
Quote by Tackleberry
Some things work best all down strokes some can go either way.

Yeah.. When I play metal riffs, I often use all down strokes because it's more percussive.
I'm sorry for my bad English
I just checked out the lesson for economy picking and it looks like I've been doing this for a while now. I thought I was starting to from a bad habit by not keeping the up down flow of alternate picking, I had no idea it was an actual technique. I guess I'll try to perfect it since it comes natural to me.
MY GEAR
Bella
Ibanez Gio
Cube-20X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Adz2706
the worst ive seen is a guy kick this other guy in the head repeatedly and had to be taken to hospital in a helicopter

Who the hell would build a Hospital inside of a Helicopter?
Buddy Holly never went upwards in his entire life! Also played lead on open chords!
Stop showing off and play the music!
Search for economy picking lessons and it'll tell you.

Basically it's like alternate picking but when you move across strings you pick in the direction you're going regardless of the previous direction you were picking. It's kinda hard to explain, so you might want to check out the lesson.
MY GEAR
Bella
Ibanez Gio
Cube-20X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Adz2706
the worst ive seen is a guy kick this other guy in the head repeatedly and had to be taken to hospital in a helicopter

Who the hell would build a Hospital inside of a Helicopter?
Alternate picking for me offers more control over dynamics and flow, plus I just like the feel of back and forth. I only use economy picking when playing some forms of arpeggios (sweeping).