its a ps2, they are old. buy a dvd player. they arent that expensive anymore.

but if you really really want ot fix it you can buy directions on how to fix it. i did that like 2 years ago when mine stopped reading all discs
Happiness is like peeing your pants

everyone can see it but only you can feel its warmth
Here's the answer. GET A NOW GEN CONSOLE YOU LOSER!
Quote by Muphin
Maybe if the Jews were kind to Hitler the holocaust wouldn't have happened.

Hahaha
Stupid haters.

Ps2 is still the best system! Simply because none of the next gen systems made any titles to compete with the vast collection of Ps2's yet. They're way too boring.

So dude, just take the thing apart (maybe google it a little bit before you jump right into it!) and clean it out with one of them compressed air dusters. That's what I do when mine gets wacky and it works every time.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Make sure all the dvds are clean, make sure there's no dust around the disky tray/disk reader area.
If it doesn't work, DVD players can be bought for less than £30 now.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
Seriously getting a next-gen, at this moment, is pointless.
You mightaswell get a dvd player or a new ps2.

Ps2 games > any next-gen game out right now.

Super Mario Galaxy.
Halo 3.
Call of Duty 4.

Better than most, if not any PS2 game. I'm sorry to say but PS2 wasn't that revolutionary a system. Wanna talk revolutionary? Super Nintendo.
On a scale of one to awesome...
I'm the sh!t.

Quote by mr.cheese..
GYMCLASSHERO!!!!! THANK YOU FOR LIBERATING MY TESTACLES AND PENIS!!! (at least on the weekends)!!!
Quote by GymClassHero
Super Mario Galaxy.
Halo 3.
Call of Duty 4.

Better than most, if not any PS2 game. I'm sorry to say but PS2 wasn't that revolutionary a system. Wanna talk revolutionary? Super Nintendo.

Seriously.
All 3 of those aren't that fun.
Quote by GymClassHero
Super Mario Galaxy.
Halo 3.
Call of Duty 4.

The fact that you put Halo 3 above any and all PS2 games invalidates your opinion on this matter and any discussion in the future. Congratulations!