Just wondering, is limewire legal here in North America? I've heard that there's a loophole that involves music coming from australlia or something that makes it legal here in the USA. Just wondering, not try to rat anyone out. Thx
MY STUFF

Epiphone Les Paul Standard-Ebony
Silvertone 10 wt Amp
Digitech RP50

Quote by AmonMortem
This is the Internet. Men are men, and girls are FBI agents in disguise.

Member #19 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
Limewire itself is fully legal, however downloading copyrigthed material isn't.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Stealing from thieves, that's illegal.

Sharing computer data, that's illegal.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Limewire is like a young boy. By itself, its completely legal. But the things you want to do with it are illegal.
People need to stop posting this question!!!

No its not illegal to have but if you use it to download copyrighted material then it is.
apperently its legal, they give you rules and stuff, it seems illegal though =/ copywritten music and such
Don't use limewire, its a poorly constructed program. Use Soulseek.
"The sounds of the universe were joined together according to musical concord" -Plato

Quote by adamungar1
Don't quote me, but I think it's a requirement to pledge allegiance if you're running for president :S

myspace.com/musicartenergy
AIM: enmusicerartgy
Quote by The Spoon
Limewire is like a young boy. By itself, its completely legal. But the things you want to do with it are illegal.

win.
use torrents...
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
whether its legal or not, people are still gonna download it and copyrighted material off of it, and they cant possibly persecute all the people that have it and use it every day so i dont think its that big of a deal
-Nick
Quote by rworsl
Limewire itself is fully legal, however downloading copyrigthed material isn't.

Exactly, so I'm guessing whatever you're planning to use Limewire for will be illegal...
Quote by bequickorbedead
Exactly, so I'm guessing whatever you're planning to use Limewire for will be illegal...

Unless he's big on music that the copyright has expired on?
I see that its wrong to download copyrighted material but what was the original program meant for? Businesses or something? It has audio and video along with the file sharing. You'd think they'd find a way to stop all the misuse.
Quote by iluvmyprs89
I see that its wrong to download copyrighted material but what was the original program meant for? Businesses or something? It has audio and video along with the file sharing. You'd think they'd find a way to stop all the misuse.

It was meant for sharing files. They just knew some people would like to share their music files.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by kaptink
Unless he's big on music that the copyright has expired on?

Considering part of his sig is "For Those About To Rock...I fart in your general direction!" I figure that's pretty unlikely...
Quote by enmusicerartgy
Don't use limewire, its a poorly constructed program. Use Soulseek.

+20
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Downloading music is legal in Canada.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?