I'm thinking of getting a cheap but not-****ty talkbox, but i don't really know much about them and i was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a specific brand or even product itself? i just bought a fender jaguar ($1,434) so i'm looking for something in the market of like $0-230. But any other models that might be good i would be willing to take a look out for future purchases.
Thanks!
Quote by B.I.N.
Chord of David, eh?
G Sus, perhaps?
Rocktron Banshee...i've had one for some weeks and it's great.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--RTRBANSHEE This one? I was actually just going to ask about it. Do you just plug it up to the amp and the sound comes out of the amp or is it like an amp and a talk box in one? Also, is the volume pretty loud cuz it looks pretty small so i have no idea how loud it might be? It looks good, cheap too like 130 bux
Quote by B.I.N.
Chord of David, eh?
G Sus, perhaps?
It's 160 if i'm not mistaken. What it does is that it sends out the sound through the tube and u shape it with ur mouth. A microphone will pick up the sound and send it to a pa.

yeah, talkboxes are used with a mic and pa so u'll need that too. The good thing about this one is that u can set up the gain, tone, and volume.

Oh, and it is loud enough don't worry...that's of course if u use it properly (mic & pa).

Last edited by evening_crow at Jan 26, 2008,
Quote by evening_crow
It's 160 if i'm not mistaken. What it does is that it sends out the sound through the tube and u shape it with ur mouth. A microphone will pick up the sound and send it to a pa.

yeah, talkboxes are used with a mic and pa so u'll need that too. The good thing about this one is that u can set up the gain, tone, and volume.

Oh, and it is loud enough don't worry...that's of course if u use it properly (mic & pa).

yeah its on sale at ZZZounds for like 140.
u need a mic AND a PA?
So there are no talkboxes that just come out thru the amP?
Quote by B.I.N.
Chord of David, eh?
G Sus, perhaps?
Quote by ByTheWay27
yeah its on sale at ZZZounds for like 140.
u need a mic AND a PA?
So there are no talkboxes that just come out thru the amP?

NOPE.

Quote by evening_crow
NOPE.

Quote by B.I.N.
Chord of David, eh?
G Sus, perhaps?
Quote by ByTheWay27
http://www.zzounds.com/item--RTRBANSHEE This one? I was actually just going to ask about it. Do you just plug it up to the amp and the sound comes out of the amp or is it like an amp and a talk box in one? Also, is the volume pretty loud cuz it looks pretty small so i have no idea how loud it might be? It looks good, cheap too like 130 bux

hmm, seems to be a different model...
try this one, it runs in the pedal board strip so you dont need an amp head/cab setup to run it.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rocktron-Banshee-Talk-Box?sku=154218

now search the board, there's been like 3-4 talkbox posts each week here........

if playing in your room you dont need any mic, but if paying live on any stage or with friends you will need some kind of PA.
The Shure SM57 mic works well with these TBs.
and a higher end PA will only help you.