I currently have a Marshall JCM 800 and want to sell it and buy a 30W Orange. What model would give me a sound close to the JCM 800? I love the sound of my marshall but I'm selling it because one, it's WAY too loud and two, i'm moving to Brazil so since it's really big and heavy the price to take it would be high. I've looked around stores and a few stores have oranges and they're all far away and all have different models so i want to have an idea of which models would fit me better. I want to get a bluesy tone to play stuff like ZZ Top, Free and Allman Bros Band, but also want to get a heavy tone to play stuff like Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Sabbath, and Megadeth. Would any Orange fit my style? if so, which would do you recommend me?
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Rocker 30 is your best bet, but if you want an effects loop/reverb get the rockerverb 50

Get an overdrive for the heavier metal, it should do Iron Maiden fine.
Quote by Horlicks
Rocker 30 is your best bet, but if you want an effects loop/reverb get the rockerverb 50

My Marshall doesn't have any effects so i already bought pedals for the effects i need...cool, i'm gonna see if i can try the Rocker 30 somewhere
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
ya the rockerverb, dude and just so you know, in brazil everyhitng is 5 times more expensive for guitar stuff. seriosuly. its gonna be a bitch, so if theres anything you are planning on getting besides this amp i would suggest getting it now becuase in brazil its going to be 5 times more expensive. i was there for vacation and this sqire strat was like 400 bucks american.......ya i know.
Quote by blues-guitarist
My Marshall doesn't have any effects so i already bought pedals for the effects i need...cool, i'm gonna see if i can try the Rocker 30 somewhere

Nah, an effects loop is like an input between the preamp and power amp where you can put modulation effects like reverb, delay etc. and it makes them sound better when on a dirty channel

Last edited by Horlicks at Jan 26, 2008,
Quote by convictionless
ya the rockerverb, dude and just so you know, in brazil everyhitng is 5 times more expensive for guitar stuff. seriosuly. its gonna be a bitch, so if theres anything you are planning on getting besides this amp i would suggest getting it now becuase in brazil its going to be 5 times more expensive. i was there for vacation and this sqire strat was like 400 bucks american.......ya i know.

yea, a couple of people already told that the guitar prices over there are ridiculous :s
-Homer Simpson
Quote by Horlicks
Nah, an effects loop is like an input between the preamp and power amp where you can put modulation effects like reverb, delay etc. and it makes them sound better when on a dirty channel

oh haha i feel really stupid lol
-Homer Simpson
Actually, if you think that the JCm800 is loud, the rocker 30 wont be much quieter. You might be better off getting a Orange Tiny Terror.It is 15/7 watts switchable and will have that Marshall sound you want. You might also want to get some kind of 18 watt Marshall clone.
Quote by Horlicks
Try both of them out iis your best bet.

yea, that's what i'm planning to do...now i gotta figure out which stores are the ones that have those models...the store in my town only has the rockerverb50 :/
-Homer Simpson
^ the rockerverb is quite different, is has different valves and in my opinion is a lot better. If you are willing to fork out, you could get a rocker 30 head and a power attenuator.
Quote by Horlicks
^ the rockerverb is quite different, is has different valves and in my opinion is a lot better. If you are willing to fork out, you could get a rocker 30 head and a power attenuator.

i'm already using an attenuator with my jcm800 but don't really like the sound i'm getting with it, acutally, right now i'm not using it because i get a better sound by turning my pre amp to around 7, master volume at like 3 and using my metal muff as in extra EQ, which i have with the distorion all the way down, i get a zz top kinda sound with that...how much difference in volume from my jcm800 would i see if i buy a rocker 30?

edit: right now i'm broke so if i buy a new amp it's gonna have to be only with the money that i get from the JCM
-Homer Simpson
I'm looking at the Thunderverb and on the description says:
Power: 50 Watts RMS into 4/8 ohms / 25 Watts RMS into 8/16 ohms

what does that mean?
sorry for the ignorance :/
-Homer Simpson
Last edited by blues-guitarist at Mar 7, 2008,