I'm thinking about removing the neck pickup in my S7320 and gluing a piece of wood into the hole, then painting over it. Would this be too difficult/affect the tone in a substantial way?
Why don't you want the pickup?
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
use wood filler insted of a chunk of wood... it waaay easier... and more even

edit: no, it will not affect tone nor sustain...
Why would you do that? Just use the pickup selector if you don't want it, and i don't think it will look great, even if you paint over it...
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Quote by poipoi
Why would you do that? Just use the pickup selector if you don't want it, and i don't think it will look great, even if you paint over it...

he just wants to get it out... so what?

plus it looks hot!! ex:
Yeah, you could do that. Just cut the piece of wood to fit EXTREMELY snuggly in the hole, sand it flush, and paint over it. You'd never know it was there. I used to do this to fill tremolo cavities (but that's a bit harder).
use both block and wood filler. cut the block in a decent shape, use wood filler to fill the gap.

OR fill it with really heavy metal and then a sheet of wood, wood filler. then sand it, refinish. that'll increase density of the whole guitar, giving u a little bit more sustain like u wish. it won't be much tho.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard