I'm looking to put a pair of evos in my guitar sometime in the near future, does it matter what goes in neck or bridge because it doesnt say which is meant for what
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
yes it does, and why a a evo i dont like them, there "shreding" metal pickups but if you need something that can get good palmed chord sounds and good riff sounds look at a seymour duncan distortion in the bridge and then a 59 in the bridge. i used to want the same thing until i heard it in a good tube amp well that and a seymour duncan in the same amp after and the seymour duncan sounds better for palm mutes and more heavy metal and drop tuning.
I also want to to put a super distortion single coil in the middle would that matter either since its meant for the bridge. Sorry for double post

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
do they do an evo single coil?

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Quote by Chad11491
they're the same pickup, so it doesn't matter (as far as i know)

no they arent
the evo bridge is hotter and evo neck is in the 'medium output' on the dimarzio website
Quote by convictionless
yes it does, and why a a evo i dont like them, there "shreding" metal pickups but if you need something that can get good palmed chord sounds and good riff sounds look at a seymour duncan distortion in the bridge and then a 59 in the bridge. i used to want the same thing until i heard it in a good tube amp well that and a seymour duncan in the same amp after and the seymour duncan sounds better for palm mutes and more heavy metal and drop tuning.

the Duncan Distortion pup is pretty good, so is the 59. but I went to the DiMarzio Breed (bridge) & Air Norton (neck) and it pwns the Duncans in versatility and dynamics.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Get a new amp, new pickups aren't going to do anything with your Peavey Rage.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I wouldn't bother with Evos unless you know they're exactly what you want - also it does matter which goes where, the neck and bridge models are both voiced differently and have different output levels.

MatrixClaw is right, pickups won't make any difference through the Peavey Rage, but even assuming that the amp situation is changing are you absolutely sure that you want Evos?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I only use my peavy for room practise, I use my friends Marshall Js sumet or other sumet watt (white one limited edition) for band practises and gigs.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
In that case why Evo's - none of the players or bands listed in your profile would point to Evo's as a good pickup choice for you.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

OK have you got any other suggestions. I was thinkin about SD's maybe The SD6 distortion set or A JB and pearly gates

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Yup, I got plenty....

Swineshead Warthog bridge, Condor neck
Pair of Dimarzio Breeds
Duncan Custom 5 bridge, 59 neck

they'd all be a much better fit for your styles
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc