so, i was thinking about buying a new guitar. i really want a sg, les paul or one of those semi hollow es'. any suggestions?
buy a dean
Guitars: Dean 79 series V)
Jackson emg-hz's

Amps: crate v50 piece of broken shit.
Peavey 5150 combo. FORSALE/TRADE

Effects: Boss ge-7, Ds-1, Ph-3, ds-2

Listen to Mastodon.
an SG

metal was founded on that
SG COMMANDO #2041

Guitar:

1967 Gibson SG Jr.
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone MM-30E

Amp
Fender Blues Jr. NOS (tweed, bitches)
Pedals

Modded TS9
Cusack Screamer Fuzz V2
Mid-Fi Pitch Pirate
Line 6 DL4
Gibson SG.... trust me you'll love it

A few hours later...

My Gear:

AMP: Line 6 Spider III 30 Watt
Guitars: Gibson SG Classic (with P-90 Pickups), Martin DCX1E Acoustic-Electric, and Rouge Viola Bass
what's your amp, what country are you in (affects prices), what's your budget, what bands do you like to play, what's your budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by lostboyjp

SGs have a very distinct bite to them. Some love it, personally I dont like it. I dont like the ACDC guitar sound much. (The songs are still great but Id like them better if they were played with a Les paul)

Id go with the les paul :P (as a matter of fact I have done so myself lol)
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by Dave_Mc
what's your amp, what country are you in (affects prices), what's your budget, what bands do you like to play, what's your budget?

+1.
Also, what's your budget?
ESP or LTD. They probably make the best guitasrs for the money. LTD's are not as great as gibsons but are so much cheaper and are really reliable.
Quote by lostboyjp

Don't make a fuss, just get on the bus....

;D

If you had to choose a gibson, get the SG.

But for hard rockxmetal? Ibanez.
I don't even shred
Quote by Walternativo
SGs have a very distinct bite to them. Some love it, personally I dont like it. I dont like the ACDC guitar sound much. (The songs are still great but Id like them better if they were played with a Les paul)

Id go with the les paul :P (as a matter of fact I have done so myself lol)

they are better for more than just acdc... i can even play blues on mine... they're pretty much good for everything they are very well rounded in my opinion

A few hours later...

My Gear:

AMP: Line 6 Spider III 30 Watt
Guitars: Gibson SG Classic (with P-90 Pickups), Martin DCX1E Acoustic-Electric, and Rouge Viola Bass
I'm gonna get myself an EC-1000. I heard those things are gods for metal, especially with the EMGS. It's also only $850.
Schecter, Schecter, and did I mention Schecter?

Great overall for any style and the Metal market is quickly being cornered by this company and I'm glad because I personally have a Hellraiser and it's about the best damn guitar I've ever played, even better than some Jackson American DK's that were almost 3 times the price!

This year Schecter's line has doubled almost, they have V's now too which they've never done.

B.C. Rich also reissued their old 1980's gunslinger models, you should check those out they've got a great old school vibe to them and I'm toying with getting the yellow one with the slanted bridge humbucker
Gear:
- Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
- B.C. Rich Platinum Beast
- Godin LG EMG
- Peavey 6505+ Combo
- "Mastortion" Pedal 1/6
- Hagstrom HC-15 (1967)

2011 gear:
- Schecter 35th anniversary C-1
- Schecter RAF spitfire solo 6
Quote by gruenburger
an SG

metal was founded on that

Actually, metal started on SSS Fender Stratocasters.

Yes, seriously.
Quote by bokuho
Actually, metal started on SSS Fender Stratocasters.

Yes, seriously.

Not quite true, there were a lot of early bands that helped pave the way for metal and hard rock, and quite a lot of them used Gibsons. Ritchie Blackmore is abnormal and he uses fairly heavily modified Strats (and technically his Stats are S-S or S-S-Midi). Jimmy Page used them, but his music was far more bluesy to begin with, and he is better known for using Gibsons. Iommi is known for his SG, mainly. So of the bands that made the big three albums that paved the way for metal and hard rock (Paranoid, Led Zeppelin IV, and Machine Head). One used Fenders occassionally in the studio and was better known for using Gibsons, one used an SG, and one used a Stratocaster, but a heavily modified and abnormal one.