hey people,

I recently purchased a Jackson Dinky (with the floyd) that is equipped with EMG-HZ's. I gotta say, I'm not too happy with them...

I don't know too much about EMG's I was under the impression that EMG's are generally good pickups, considering its not like the Jackson stock pickups in there. For example, the difference between and Epi LP with the stock Epi PU's compared to an Epi LP with some good Duncans is quite noticable.

Is it just that the EMG-"HZ"s aren't good compared to the other EMG's? The clean tone is good, but when I use an overdrive or distortion pedal, the freakin' noise is unbearable!

What do you guys think? Switch em?...or is it something else?...
Switch em. The hz are passive. If you want to get the emg sound you have to get active EMG pups.
Quote by Oligarchy
You can kill my mom, but KEEP YOU HANDS OFF MY DOG, BITCH!

Quote by *Juno*
You Sir, just achieved to date, the biggest pwnage i have seen in my life

you> me
Quote by Kapiszka
Switch em. The hz are passive. If you want to get the emg sound you have to get active EMG pups.

Cool. I was thinking the same. My Dinky's got this thing called a "Turbocharger" in it. It runs on a 9V battery and adds 0-20 dB's.. I don't think its any good. Must be what they discontinued it.
Quote by 1010011010
You must've bought the old DKMG models.
The newer models come stock with Active EMGs.

yah i think its on older one. Whats funny is that it doesn't have a serial number and on the back of the headstock, the word "used" is engraved.