So i know that there come about 10 threads like this everyday but seriously i need some help.
So basically the dilemma is i don´t know what amplifier im gonna save for, as you se my budget is going to me 4500$ but that i live in Iceland that is one of the most expensive countries in the world.

So the main problems is that there are very few tube amps here. So the brands i got too choose from is Peavey, Mesa Boogie, Marshall, Fender, Randall, Orange and Hiwatt.
And the amp has to be very versatile and don´t say used because you basicallly save nothing on buying one and there is rarely someone thats selling a tube amp.
I play almost everything from clean things like Foo Fighters to more brutal things like Arch Enemy so good high gain distortion and good cleans is a must!
So heres the amps im considering.

Peavey 6505 PLUS 2300$ (i have played this one and i loved the distortion and the cleans were OK and the plus version is supposed to have better cleans than 6505)

Mesa Boogie Mark Iv 3850$ (I think its very VERY expensive but is it worth it? i played the express and dual rec and i like them very much! but never played this one)

Peavey JSX 2580$

don´t say Mesa Boogie F-50 i got a chance to try one out and i didn´t like it

I really have heard good things about ENGL amps and Carvin V3 but those arent sold here

So what do you guys think about these 3 amps? anything else i should consider.
And these are all going to be combos because i don´t need a halfstack :P but i was thinking of buying a head and a 212 cab? but is that a overkill?

Thanks in advance!
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
Last edited by stebbic at Jan 26, 2008,
I'd say go with the peavey. They always make quality products. Go with the first one you listed if you like it so much.
ya i guess........ tha mark IV. but thats a pure metal amp. i would maybe suggest a marshall jcm 200 dual super lead, then get a od pedal like a ts9dx and then boost it for heavy stuff, turn off the pedal for less gain and then a nice clean channel. and it will cost you less, so then you can invest in a good cab, but no matter what dont get a marshall one get soemthing else becase everyone thinks that marshall cabs sound good with there heads, they dont.
Quote by stephen_rettie
why not get it off the internet from either ebay international or just an international website, itl be cheaper then

Just my theory, and a lot of other peoples:
NEVER BUY EXPENSIVE EQUIPMENT OFF OF THE INTERNET!!!!

This could be you:
Quote by convictionless
ya i guess........ tha mark IV. but thats a pure metal amp.

BS. Its used by country artist and jazz artist. It was never meant to be a metla amp it just can be. it has some of the most pristine cleans i've heard. It can do any style and almost anytone.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
also whose gonna sell something to someone in iceland...seriosuly sounds like a scam to me if i was sellign stuff. its a long way to ship etc.....
Quote by mexican_shred
BS. Its used by country artist and jazz artist. It was never meant to be a metla amp it just can be. it has some of the most pristine cleans i've heard. It can do any style and almost anytone.

That's why it's an awesome amp
The Mark IV is the most versatile of those amps (imo). You can really get any sound out of it, and not just a decent one, it's great at everything it does. However, I'm not sure the extra $1600 or so is worth it over the 6505... It's a great amp, but the price difference there is crazy. That's double what the price difference in the US is. If I was in your situation and wanted to save a bit, I'd personally go for the JSX cause I love the sound of that amp and it's quite versatile. However, if you want to spend your full budget, deffinately go with the Mark IV.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
to answer your question out of those given either the 6505 or Mark IV. I own a JSX and MArk Iv and the JSx imo is not a good amp. It has a brittle ultra(high lead channel). Cleans are alright but no where near the mark iv's. Crunch channel is its best channel.

the 6505 has great great great distortion channel. It can even have decent cleans(not mark iv or jsx level but very usable). You just have to know how to tweak it to get a great sound out of it.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Yeah, definatley the Mark IV. They've got to be one of the most versatile amps on the market.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
seeing as how youve got a large budget, what about a vht pitbull or

a peters chimera

http://www.petersamplification.com/index2.htm
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by the boogieman
seeing as how youve got a large budget, what about a vht pitbull or

a peters chimera

http://www.petersamplification.com/index2.htm

Those aren´t sold in Iceland? and i wan´t to try the amp before i buy it. And also the large budget is just because tube amps are much more expensive here so amps that costs about 1000$ in the US costs about 2500$ in Iceland
Gear
Ibanez RG2550E
ESP/LTD M-10
Fender FM212R amp
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez WP-7 Wah
The Mark IV is like *thrusts air furiously, grunts loudly, building to orgasmic screams*

but really, buy it now.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
Quote by stebbic
Those aren´t sold in Iceland? and i wan´t to try the amp before i buy it. And also the large budget is just because tube amps are much more expensive here so amps that costs about 1000$ in the US costs about 2500$ in Iceland

oooh

peters is a small canadian company and probably wouldnt ship to iceland

you could get a hold of a reasonably priced pitbull off ebay. its unfortunate iceland costs so much more $$$
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.