Hi, I just bought my guitar...I played acoustic for 2 years now and I got sick of it.

The problem is I'm all over the place when it comes to playing songs....some U2 here, some Arctic Monkeys there, some Chili Peppers, Killers, etc...but maybe some of these songs are too hard for someone who's starting now.

Even though I play acoustic guitar, I never used picks, only my fingers and that is one my biggest challenges right now, I'm still not used to it.

So, I'd really appreciate if you guys give me any suggestions.
As far as picking goes, I (generally) finger pick 90% of the time. What I do is grow my nails long and then use those for both finger picking, and instead of a pick, I use my index finger.

I wouldn't be afraid/stressed out/worried about your song playing being "all over the place." I wouldn't really call your song playing too varied to be honest. I'll have my iPod and be listening to folk music one second, blues the next, then metal. In short, what I'm getting at is it's good for a guitar player to vary their song playing ability.
Well, to be honest, I don't think I'm doing too bad playing Monkeys songs...I'm not trying to be the next Frusciante or anything...I sing as well and I'm more inclined to play rhythmic guitar instead of lead. I think I'm doing alright. But sometimes I wanna play some AC/DC and ride the lightning and man, it's harder than you'd think.

But as far as growing my nails I don't know...it's a good suggestion, I'll give you that...but then, how do you finger **** someone?
Quote by Rockin69
But as far as growing my nails I don't know...it's a good suggestion, I'll give you that...but then, how do you finger **** someone?

If your serious enough about playing guitar you shouldnt be worrying about not being able to finger girls with your right hand... You can still use your left, or have proper vaginal sex, as people were designed to do.