I've been playing for a while and i really hate my 15g and i want to get a new amp (mainly for punk rock and classic rock). Would that amp be good for it?
no, the distortion channel on it is quite awful.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Still, it's just not a great amp. What is your budget?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I dont mind it, but if you have the money, spend a bit more and get something else.

Yes the distortions sucks, but the clean channel is one of the best I have heard on a SS amp, except for a Roland JC-120
no. for the price of a new fm212 you can get a palomino v16 which would sound much better, and be very very loud (don't let the wattage fool you). won't be enough gain for punk, but it could witha n od, or you could use your pedal. if you're willing to go used and stretch your budget a bit, you can find some other great amps -- blues jr, hrd, maybe a blues deluxe or 5150 if you stretch to about $500. all great amps, though the 5150 will probably give you too much gain and too dark of a sound -- but you may like that.

edit: just saw your price. ok ignore the last half of my post then. the v16 would be pretty good to look into.
If you hate the 15, you're gonna loathe the 212, the same thing but louder.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
If you like fender cleans a blues jr, or a hot rod deluxe would be perfect, especially if you only want the clean channel
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I'd get a Palomino. It should be able to cover pretty much everything you play. If not that, possibly a used Peavey Classic 30. If those amps dont have enough gain, get a good OD pedal rather than your distortion pedal.

Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by fexnah
If you hate the 15, you're gonna loathe the 212, the same thing but louder.

couldnt have said it better myself
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.