Anyone got new American Standard Strat or Tele 2008 ?
Any good ?
I do not own one, but I did have the oppurtunity to play on one (Strat) yesterday actually, and it sounded pretty good. I will say I think the old vintage Strats are the best.
vintage style saddles on the bridge, thinner undercoats of paint for a more resonant body, better quality case, maple fretboard models are lacquered. (For the strat anyway)

*No advertising in signature*
All i know about the new strats is that they look beautiful

Do u know if that one with the OFR is any good?
Just curious, does anyone know if I order an American Standard Stratocaster now from musiciansfriend, will it be a 2008 model?
Quote by zw44
vintage style saddles on the bridge, thinner undercoats of paint for a more resonant body, better quality case, maple fretboard models are lacquered. (For the strat anyway)

Ive always liked the looks of the American standard saddles. And nice more resonance.
Did they do anything to improve sustain? Cause that's the only field where gibson is beating fender(to me at least)
Quote by arredub
Just curious, does anyone know if I order an American Standard Stratocaster now from musiciansfriend, will it be a 2008 model?

they'll probably have both - and they'll probably mention it. try http://www.sweetwater.com I'm positive they have the new models.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by gingerbreadaxe
All i know about the new strats is that they look beautiful

Do u know if that one with the OFR is any good?

HUH?
Link me...NOW!
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
HUH?
Link me...NOW!

WHAT FENDER WITH OFR?!THOUSAND AND HUNDRED ELEVEN!!!ONE ONE!!! link me too
i havent played it, but im glad they came out with it, cause it let me get my 07 fender strat at wholesale price from guitar center in november.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Ive always liked the looks of the American standard saddles. And nice more resonance.
Did they do anything to improve sustain? Cause that's the only field where gibson is beating fender(to me at least)

Well I guess the more resonant body improves sustain, but other than that no other improvements to sustain. I spoke to a guy in guitarguitar about them and he said that most people preferred the normal american standard saddles compared to the new 'vintage saddles'

Quote by deathbyawesome
i havent played it, but im glad they came out with it, cause it let me get my 07 fender strat at wholesale price from guitar center in november.

Yea me too!

*No advertising in signature*
Quote by zw44

In addition to the saddles, the block is also new: "copper-infused high-mass block for increased resonance and sustain"

http://www.fender.com/products//search.php?partno=0110402705

The HSS version lost the S-1 switching it used to have.

Here's mine, btw:

Sienna Sunburst used to only be available on the HSS model, and only with rosewood fingerboard.
Vintage saddles? That's an upgrade?
I prefer standard 'block' saddles. They don't poke your hand, and they just feel a lot more solid, cos it's a block of steel, rather than a bent strip.

The neck, body and electronics are the same.
Quote by sum_ugly_man
WHAT FENDER WITH OFR?!THOUSAND AND HUNDRED ELEVEN!!!ONE ONE!!! link me too

They've had one for years. It's not an american, though. It's the mexican standard HSS. Still good.
Last edited by sashki at Jan 27, 2008,
Quote by sashki
Vintage saddles? That's an upgrade?
I prefer standard 'block' saddles. They don't poke your hand, and they just feel a lot more solid, cos it's a block of steel, rather than a bent strip.

The neck, body and electronics are the same.

They've had one for years. It's not an american, though. It's the mexican standard HSS. Still good.

With an Original Floyd Rose? I thought It was just a crappy licensed one

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-FR-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=517910

this one?
Last edited by sum_ugly_man at Jan 27, 2008,
I played an American Standard Tele in my search for a new guitar. I ended up going with an American Deluxe Tele they had in stock since late 2006/early 2007. I have to agree with the saddle thing - on ANY Fender, I prefer the modern, boxy six saddle bridge rather than the "vintage" saddles. But I generally liked the way it played and the stock tone was alright, although I hardly ever like the stock tone from Fender guitars. Even my Deluxe I'm going to do an upgrade on.
Hi, I'm Peter
fender didnt make the american standard for years now. they made if from 87 - about 2000 then made the american model.
Prefer block saddles on my 88 & 97 strats,think new saddles are a
step backwards cosmetically.Bet they sell well & still sound great.
The new Americna Strat is a joke. What a way to sugar coat cost cutting:
Brass and copper sustain Block = Cheaper than all Brass
Vintage Saddles : Cheaper than Modern ones
Thinner Paint = Cheaper than Thicker Paint

Does Fender find us all that stupid?
Quote by CJRocker
The new Americna Strat is a joke. What a way to sugar coat cost cutting:
Brass and copper sustain Block = Cheaper than all Brass
Vintage Saddles : Cheaper than Modern ones
Thinner Paint = Cheaper than Thicker Paint

Does Fender find us all that stupid?

Don't think so, they are probably just trying to keep up with gibson. They are probably playing "who can make more budget cuts".

But I think the thinner paint might help. Some paints dampen the resonance a little am I right? Then Thinner paint might help
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Don't think so, they are probably just trying to keep up with gibson. They are probably playing "who can make more budget cuts".

But I think the thinner paint might help. Some paints dampen the resonance a little am I right? Then Thinner paint might help

Some people say that, and I kind of believe it, but they're doing it for money, not out of concern for the musician sadly. Kind of like Gibsons Faded series and the Highway 1s; they do it as its cheaper, not because it sounds better.
Quote by CJRocker
Some people say that, and I kind of believe it, but they're doing it for money, not out of concern for the musician sadly. Kind of like Gibsons Faded series and the Highway 1s; they do it as its cheaper, not because it sounds better.

But their american series was absolutely mind blowing the last time I played them. The highway one isn't all that good. I'd take an MIM strat over it any day, and then brand new tuners and everything.

But I don't think they are actually doing it for the money, They are using different type of paints right? Also damn you CJRocker, now I HAVE to play one myself and see if its good or not, or I won't be able to sleep at night.