the ISP decimator gets good reviews
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Quote by twistedmaggot
the ISP decimator gets good reviews

+1. Look more into this, also TS check out the gear forum on this site it could help.
I find noisegates to be hard to use. Firstly they remove the possibility of volume swells. Occasionally if they are not set right, a note will not pass the threshold and cut off. As well the signal gets cut as soon as it falls below the threshold, leaving an awkward ending of the notes.
What does a noisegate do exactly,i was explaining to someone that i wanted to kill some of the feedback and like muffling that i get when i play on my amp loud and they suggested a noisegate or a compression pedal. please a little help
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
A noisegate works by cutting the signal when it is below the threshold. The threshold is a set strength of the current. Playing your guitar should be above the threshold, while not playing it is below it. When above the threshold the noise gate is "open" and all sounds come through as without the noise gate. When below the threshold, the signal gets cut, meaning it is muted. As the cutting happens you often get a really nasty sound.
Quote by isaac_bandits
I find noisegates to be hard to use. Firstly they remove the possibility of volume swells. Occasionally if they are not set right, a note will not pass the threshold and cut off. As well the signal gets cut as soon as it falls below the threshold, leaving an awkward ending of the notes.

It depends what you are using it for. I use mine for when I have a billions on and going all at once. If i'm playing clean it doesn't go on ahah. You can do settings for how much it cuts off etc
Gear&Accessories forum.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Quote by pigmaggots
It depends what you are using it for. I use mine for when I have a billions on and going all at once. If i'm playing clean it doesn't go on ahah. You can do settings for how much it cuts off etc

Unfortuanately, my amp comes with a noisegate, but doesnt allow me to turn it off, or change the threshold. It only is activated on the distorted channel of my bass amp, which I dont use often, and the only problems with it, are distorted volume swells sound TERRIBLE, and some harmonics dont pass the threshold.