I've searched and haven't found anything so, what are the best tube amps (quality wise) for less than $450? Thanks.
wait.....what???!?!?!? go on musicans friend, and no **** you get what you pay for buddy.
Quote by convictionless
wait.....what???!?!?!? go on musicans friend, and no **** you get what you pay for buddy.

If that were true, I could buy a Line 6 Spider or a Marshall MG for a couple of wine gums.
I'm talking about in your experience with tube amps that cost no more than $450, which ones have been the most durable, had decent speakers, no problems with the switches and or knobs, etc...
Peavey Valve King 112, $400 on musiciansfriend plus it has tubes, you can get good overdrive pedals to boost it for more gain later on, but has a pretty high bit of gain doubt you'd need as much gain as me though since I play with 62-14 gauge strings
Quote by xWhitechapelx
Peavey Valve King 112, $400 on musiciansfriend plus it has tubes, you can get good overdrive pedals to boost it for more gain later on, but has a pretty high bit of gain doubt you'd need as much gain as me though since I play with 62-14 gauge strings

Thats pretty typical of a tube amp.

Anyways, the Valveking is made overseas in china i think and has some serious reliability issues. The peavey Classic 30 and Delta Blues are really good quality, but you can only get those for $450 or under if you buy used.
Quote by acdcrocks0323

Anyways, the Valveking is made overseas in china i think and has some serious reliability issues. The peavey Classic 30 and Delta Blues are really good quality, but you can only get those for $450 or under if you buy used.

Theres not many problems with them, wow you have to do a 1 minute solder job on the speaker rarely when you first get it, it is pretty reliable actually,
BTW...how many watts do you want and what kind of music do you play?
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by acdcrocks0323

It's not reliability, per se, but quality control. I've played some perfectly awesome valvekings, and some shoddy ones at that. Same goes with B-52
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
It's not reliability, per se, but quality control. I've played some perfectly awesome valvekings, and some shoddy ones at that. Same goes with B-52

Yeah, thats what I was trying to say. It seems that all the valvekings I try decide to stop working when I play them. The one I played that worked was pretty good, but I would prefer my current amp or the ones I was talking about earlier.
yes but even so, nothing major that you can't fix =] in most cases, you can call them and exchange too very easily, but all amps not matter where made have some flaws every now and then,
Quote by Dirk Gently
BTW...how many watts do you want and what kind of music do you play?

I will mostly be using it in bedroom type of spaces, so I don't need a lot of wattage. As for the music, I play mostly: blues, rock, and some hard rock.

BTW, I have been looking at the Peavey Valveking 112 and was just trying to get an idea of what everyone had to say about amps in the same price range.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
If that were true, I could buy a Line 6 Spider or a Marshall MG for a couple of wine gums.

what wrong with wim gums bitch???
Quote by cw00
I will mostly be using it in bedroom type of spaces, so I don't need a lot of wattage. As for the music, I play mostly: blues, rock, and some hard rock.

BTW, I have been looking at the Peavey Valveking 112 and was just trying to get an idea of what everyone had to say about amps in the same price range.

Checkout the Blackheart Little Giant, Crate Palomino V8 and V16, and the Epiphone Valve Junior. Blackheart is also coming out with a 15W head.

Do you ever plan to start a band or jam with a drummer?