Today I asked my father if I can use the bass amp he uses , a yamaha 55b.. So I plugged my guitar in and it sounded all fine. I didnt use any distortion / overdrive pedal though. now i just read somewhere that if i did , it can damage it. is that true ? my father said it wouldnt. i would really like to put my mt-2 between it and tune my guitar to drop B so i would get a lot of bass and play some breakdowns and such stuff
I will leave this world in the same way i entered it. Bathed in blood , screaming.

Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender Stratocaster
Boss Metalzone
Boss Chorus
Some vintage Yamaha Amp
as long as u dont jack the treble channel or the mids to high i think it should be good, i do it all the time
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
ive got a fender precision bass ^^
I will leave this world in the same way i entered it. Bathed in blood , screaming.

Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender Stratocaster
Boss Metalzone
Boss Chorus
Some vintage Yamaha Amp
Guitarists use bass amps all the time, I've done it with no problems...I've never even heard of a bass amp being damaged because of a guitar. A bass into a guitar amp, however, is a different story...
There's nothing wrong with plugging an electric into a bass. In fact, some artists do it exclusively because they like the fuller bass it gives them. However, a lot of people don't like it because they feel it makes their sound muddy. One more thing; never plug a bass into an electric amp because they are not designed to handle those frequencies.
"I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;
because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.
I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;
for a might-have-been has never been, but a has was once an are."

Note, all tube heads an basiclly be used both ways. bass to guitar/guitar to bass.
Ibanez JetKing II
Dean Caddy
line 6 spider III 15
Ibanez PM7
boss dd20
EH metal muff
crate gx-15
crate gx-120
yamaha rbx-170
oscar schmidt ob100b
dean markley k-20bx
carvin pb100-10
Quote by Gothkoss
Note, all tube heads an basiclly be used both ways. bass to guitar/guitar to bass.

Actually. ALL amps can be used with bass guitars, and ALL amps can be used with electric guitars. IT doesn't matter if it's tube or not.

It's the SPEAKERS that may or may not be able to handle the bass guitar.

Bass speakers, when complete (4x10 or 15 and a tweeter) have MORE frequency response than regular guitar speakers.

Adam Jones from tool uses a bass amp with his electric guitar before he used his diezel.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
And if you use a lot of distortion and a lot of bass you can get a great stoner metal/doom metal sound with a guitar through a bass amp.
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
I used to use my father's old bass amp for guitar and I used to plug my metal muff into it and it didn't seem to hurt it. Sounded good too.
Quote by ToffeeandApples
You my friend, put the pwn in pwnt.

Hell Yeah