Ok im in a bit of a bind here. Tell me all your ideas!

Im in high school, 15 and not able to get a job.
I play in a band, and were starting to do shows next month.
www.myspace.com/aswewererock thats the band, to show you how serious I am.
We just got out of the studio.

Im playing a Crate gx-120(combo 100w) with line out to a 4x12 cab. Our other guitarist is playing through a Kustom quad jr.

Hes got a job, and is upgrading to tube before our first show in feb.(feb. 23rd)

I went in a local shop the other day to trade even for a 1970's Ampeg v4 for $600.
I was offering them a Dean cadillac standard + Crate gx-120.

They only wanted to give me $250 trade in, so I said no and left.

My parents wont spot me any money, saying that im not making any money from the band, I dont need pro. equitment.

What do I DO???
Ibanez JetKing II
Dean Caddy
line 6 spider III 15
Ibanez PM7
boss dd20
EH metal muff
crate gx-15
crate gx-120
yamaha rbx-170
oscar schmidt ob100b
dean markley k-20bx
carvin pb100-10
well, theres always prostitution....

but seriously, sell some old unused gear, sell old movies, videogames, anything, thats how i bought my second guitar
You can just use the gear you have now for a little while. Wait until you make a little bit of money from some gigs then sell all of your old gear and try to find something that you like used. Check ebay or traders everywhere. This is what I did.
My parents wont allow me to have a job yet, not till i drive.(5 months)

Sell my playstation probably music owns its ***.

hahah. And yeah I would be with you, if i had money to be able to hustle it.
I have like a quarter right now, so broke. My pedal board is where my money goes.
You think my gear will be loud enough for vibes at the first show?

The other bands that play at the local bar(where were playing). make you deff, and feel like the brown note, so much bass.
Ibanez JetKing II
Dean Caddy
line 6 spider III 15
Ibanez PM7
boss dd20
EH metal muff
crate gx-15
crate gx-120
yamaha rbx-170
oscar schmidt ob100b
dean markley k-20bx
carvin pb100-10
if you're that good, go busk.

I didnt click on your myspace, so dont take that as a compliment.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Yeah you should be plenty loud and if they have a PA system and they mic stuff it doesn't matter what size equipment you have you will be heard. Remember volume isn't everything. Focus on sounding GOOD not loud.
Quote by Gothkoss
I was offering them a Dean cadillac standard + Crate gx-120.

They only wanted to give me $250 trade in, so I said no and left.

Try to sell your stuff privately. You'll do a lot better than any trade in. Maybe if you get $400-500 up yourself, your parents will help you over the top. Or maybe you can get the shop to come down a little bit if you show up with cash.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Till you get something better it should be plenty loud enough without clipping, especially running the 412. Just don't push it. Keep you mids up past five and bass 6, treble 5-6. If you don't like its distortion you can always use a pedal on the clean channel. You'll be alright.
Yeah I run my metal muff on my clean channel. Im going to still try to get a new amp, but if I cant, I guess I will survive without new gear.

If I can borrow some gear, ill run the show stereo, which will be really sweet.
Ibanez JetKing II
Dean Caddy
line 6 spider III 15
Ibanez PM7
boss dd20
EH metal muff
crate gx-15
crate gx-120
yamaha rbx-170
oscar schmidt ob100b
dean markley k-20bx
carvin pb100-10
Wait till you can get a job. I'm 16, got offered a job for baseball and soccer season from my uncle, which should net be a few g's, but i'd still like to buy OTHER things, so i'm getting a job once the first one's done. Your amp should be loud enough for playing your first show, plus you're bands not really gigged, right? No one expects a new band to have a back line of Dumbles and PRS guitars, or a Soldano SLO and Gibson LP Custom, so don't sweat it if your gear isn't expensive stuff.

And isn't the Ampeg v4 a bass amp? Haha, bass amps seem to work pretty well for prog rock (surprisingly i guess).

But i digress; deal with what you got, and save up till you can get a better amp. And be thankful you're not using an MG (like me )

BTW, i like your band. I definitely see and Isis and Neurosis influence there. Keep it up dude.
Quote by slatsmania
Try to sell your stuff privately. You'll do a lot better than any trade in. Maybe if you get $400-500 up yourself, your parents will help you over the top. Or maybe you can get the shop to come down a little bit if you show up with cash.

Thats the way to go, the stores buy from you sell it to someone else and make money so why don't you just sell to the someone else? I'd never trade in to a store try selling it on craigslist or something.
gotta say i do like the sound of that demo u have there, and thats one sweet "studio" setup u got there
Maybe if you have like old CDs, back them up or something then sell them.
GO YANKEES!
Thanks for all the complements on the band. We actully went to a full blown studio to record the demo.

Where happy with all our gear, just not our amps.
Tyler the other guitarist is playing on a Gibson LP studio. And I play on a Ibanez Jetking II, which isnt high end but I love it.

Pedals soak up most of our money, I have about $800 in pedals alone.

The old v4 is infact a guitar amp, but you can use it with bass. Its tube anyway so it doesnt matter.
Ibanez JetKing II
Dean Caddy
line 6 spider III 15
Ibanez PM7
boss dd20
EH metal muff
crate gx-15
crate gx-120
yamaha rbx-170
oscar schmidt ob100b
dean markley k-20bx
carvin pb100-10