I'm looking for a bridge pickup(humbucker of course) for a guitar project of mine. I'm looking for a pickup to play mostly hard rock like Van Halen(Roth days), Led Zeppelin Ted Nuget AC/DC, Aerosmith and some Metal Acts Like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, and Early Mettallica if possible. What kind of pickup should I look for to get sounds similar to this, I need the pickup for the guitar so please don't suggest me to get a better amp.
....What sort of guitar do you have?
F-spaced strings or standard?
What woods?
What budget?
What country?
the guitar is a stratocaster body..i think its alder or ash not sure.
I live in the states as well and it is a solid body.
seein as its a build that I'll be working on for awhile price isnt an object
and it's normal spaced strings
If in doubt a Duncan JB- 4 works, and you kight get away with the Duncan distrotion (SH-6)

If you have the budget, get a bareknuckle nailbomb
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
ah i forgot to add no active pickups, I know that will make the metallica sound and ozzy hard but I'm not that good with Electronics
Quote by RealGuitarHero
ah i forgot to add no active pickups, I know that will make the metallica sound and ozzy hard but I'm not that good with Electronics

Why don't get your local shop do to it for you?

Seriously, active pickups can sound awesome.
I think that you should look for a pickup with high output, but maybe an EMG (active pickups) are too much for classic rock. Seymour-Duncan JB's are a good choice as fire within said or maybe DImarzio PAF pro's or Dimarzio Superdistortion.
Hope you make a good choice.
Dimarzio ToneZone's or Super Distortions could suit you well, as could several Seymour Duncan pickups such as the JB or the Custom, or the Custom Custom, or the Duncan Distortion (Quite like an EMG 81)

Active isn't always necessary
Try and search out Steven Seagull when he's posting around here or something, he's very knoledgable about the variety of pups out there
well i think the jb's dont have to much personality in them and are kind of bland, but i think the perfect pickup that you are looking for is seymour duncan custom, they run about 80$ and the bridge is about 14k so it is pretty hot and it is supposed to be a paf on steroids so it will handle classic rock as well as some metal
My Gear

Guitars
Gibson faded Sg in cherry red
Squire bullet special

Amps
Palomino v8
Effects
Danelectro Fish and chips EQ
Boss DM-3 analog delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by fire within
If in doubt a Duncan JB- 4 works, and you kight get away with the Duncan distrotion (SH-6)

If you have the budget, get a bareknuckle nailbomb

the SH-6 Bridge pickup sounds just like an EMG 81, just in passive fourm, me and my friend sound the same on a 6505, he has EMG and I have Seymour Duncan, I actually have more sustain and mines passive and his is active
Unless I'm missing something, you're using a Line 6 Spider as your amp.

Buy a better amp, then come back asking what pickup to get. The problem is your amp, not your pickups, a pickup change will do practically nothing to your sound with that amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Actually I'm using a 5150 that belongs to my rich friend and this guitar is being built. I also personally don't want actives. I looked at the evo and liked its sound and I'm gonna check out a few others that you guys have suggested. especially the JB
Quote by RealGuitarHero
Actually I'm using a 5150 that belongs to my rich friend and this guitar is being built. I also personally don't want actives. I looked at the evo and liked its sound and I'm gonna check out a few others that you guys have suggested. especially the JB

SH-6 is much hotter on output, but you don't play anything heavy lol so you may like JB better,
Save yourself the vagueness and go to both the Dimarzio and Seymour Duncan sites and start reading everything about the possible pickups and also through boths pickup selectors which are pretty darn accurate
Quote by RealGuitarHero
I'm looking for a bridge pickup(humbucker of course) for a guitar project of mine. I'm looking for a pickup to play mostly hard rock like Van Halen(Roth days), Led Zeppelin Ted Nuget AC/DC, Aerosmith and some Metal Acts Like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, and Early Mettallica if possible. What kind of pickup should I look for to get sounds similar to this, I need the pickup for the guitar so please don't suggest me to get a better amp.

Given those styles you're pretty much nailed on for something with an Alnico 5 magnet and a balanced tone, that rules out the shreddier Dimarzios like the Tone Zone and Evo. You also don't want anything too bright in alder so that's the JB out.

I'd say you're looking at....

Dimarzio Breed - for fat, warm tones with plenty of lower midgrange
Seymour Duncan Custom 5 - like an overwound paf, growls very nicely
Dimarzio Norton - more sensible tonal response than the tone zone, good harmonics
Seymour Duncan Custom Custom (Alnico 2, not 5, but designed to work well with strats)
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Im kinda on the same boat as you, but i got a LP and play a little more metal/shred than you. Im currently debating on weather to get an EVO for my LP, or buy a hellraiser. but, I would suggest whatever seagull says.
Gibson Les Paul Special Faded with Evo bridge and PAF Joe neck. Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb.
Quote by rokknrollldude
wrathlegion, i would like to shake hands

Quote by AllUrBase
I assume you're playing just open strings, so not to scratch your frets.