I used pledge to shine my neck up and to make it fast playing. Now there is like a oil mark on it and it looks really bad. Did i ruin the pant? Is there a way to fix it?
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
I use pledge on my fingerboard but wipe it off, not the back of the neck. dont LUBE the back of your neck, it wont help your playing it will just ruin your clothes.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
i used to use pledge on my fingerboard and it didnt seem to do anything bad but i dont advise it on any thing other than the fretboard
Quote by strummin67
Good.
Remember: Furniture polish is for furniture and guitar polish is for guitars.

hehe true
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
wont that have been absorbed into your neck and will now feel all icky and tacky forever?
Quote by silly6-string
I used pledge to shine my neck up and to make it fast playing. Now there is like a oil mark on it and it looks really bad. Did i ruin the pant? Is there a way to fix it?

Well done.
It's the silicone.

The silicone spreaded through a crack of the lacquer in between the layers of lacquer, eventually in the wood.

Silicones are next to impossible to remove.

In your case, you can't even sand the lacquer down because it would spread the silicone all over and more into the wood. You'd have to chip the lacquer off, before flushing more of the silicone out of the wood with loads of mineral spirits and pumping it out with paper cloth.

Quote by Dead_End
i used to use pledge on my fingerboard and it didnt seem to do anything bad but i dont advise it on any thing other than the fretboard

Terrible idea.

NOTHING attaches to silicone, NO GLUE, NO PAINT, NO LACQUER, NO ROSIN (what protects electrical soldering points).

With time, it seeps in the glue, detaches bindings and inlays.

The silicone on the fretboard contaminates the strings, the strings contaminate the cloth inside cases and bags, contaminates what other guitar you put in the case or the bag.
Last edited by ColdGin at Jan 29, 2008,
You can't use normal polish on a guitar :|

But it looks soo shiney.

Thanks i only done it the once, never again! (Y) Glad i read this thread!
great... now hope you never need to repair your neck.
SG COMMANDO #2041

Guitar:

1967 Gibson SG Jr.
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone MM-30E

Amp
Fender Blues Jr. NOS (tweed, bitches)
Pedals

Modded TS9
Cusack Screamer Fuzz V2
Mid-Fi Pitch Pirate
Line 6 DL4
by pledge do you mean the dusters they do?
i used those on my fingerboard. they seem to have worked a treat!