Hey,
I have a few questions about playing guitar standing.

1. How low do you keep the guitar.

2. What should I know after playing guitar for a year???
for one you should know not to post stupid threads.
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
i keep it about between stomach and crotch area low

and you should know all basic stuff, hammer on, pull off, tremlow picking, some chords, bar chords, simple solos, some scales, etc... or at least thats what ive learned
1. about mid groin or mid waist depends on what youre playing
2.welll just depends learn your scales basic tapping and great riffing
other than that nothing much]
KEEP ROCKING DUDE \,,/
The height is subjective, you should wear it however is most comfortable. I usually stand where the middle of the body is at the same level as my belt, but some people play really high *Cough*Tom Morello*Cough*. Just goof with it, and play what's most comfortable.
And I've only been playing for a year, so I have no idea what you should know.
There are no stupid questions...(reads question)

THATS THE DUMBEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD WTF WERE YOU THINKING?!?!?!?!

2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by ILoveMetal2542
^^^ You Should know not to post dumbassed answers!!!

Did you just mock me in the past tense?
Higher than normal since people play better when the neck is higher I've found...playing it low is for stage I'm afraid.
I don't even shred
ive been playing for two years, i can riff, tremolo pick(kind of) i know the blues scale, and know a bunch of songs, most not in their entirety...and tap(but im ridiculously bad at it, im not sure if its my guitar or what) i taught myself, so if you've played for one year with lessons, you're probably better than me at all those things....
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica (D'addario Flatwound)
Roland Cube 60 watt
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Boss RC-2
Montana Acoustic Guitar(Martin Regular)
Quote by iron_maiden93
ive been playing for two years, i can riff, tremolo pick(kind of) i know the blues scale, and know a bunch of songs, most not in their entirety...and tap(but im ridiculously bad at it, im not sure if its my guitar or what) i taught myself, so if you've played for one year with lessons, you're probably better than me at all those things....

you really need to get yer ass in gear, son. FOR THE GOOD OF THE LAND!
there's no right or wrong height for your guitar. Just do what's comfortable and what feels right. Of course slipknot doucheheads will tell you to hang your guitar at your knees cuz it looks br00talzz!!!!! But if you would rather be able to play your instrument, you should keep it between crotch and chest. I like it closer to the chest because it's easier for me to play well and I don't give a fuck if some kid who doesn't know what a diminished chord is says I look stupid.