Hey guys, I need a book for an English project, and I was hoping the Pit could help out.

I need an American novel or play that was published before 1970, and it has to be around 200-250ish pages or less. +Many points for a book that doesn't have too many chapters/scenes.

Don't suggest To Kill a Mockingbird or Death of a Salesman, since we're not allowed to use books we've already read in class.

Thanks guys
catcher in the rye is always good, and that was published in 1951 i think
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
rosamamosa is right, even though idk when catcher in the rye was published, its always a good one to read man
Quote by cick13
On the Road by Jack Kerouac.

/endthread

definitely
go buy it now

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
Brave New World. Don't remember who it's by but it was written in 1932. It's a great book.
Quote by mrwaffles
Brave New World. Don't remember who it's by but it was written in 1932. It's a great book.

aldous huxley, no?

Quote by deathpidgeon
Catch-22 by joseph heller, theyre alll crazy! circa 1955

This guy has the right idea, great book!
I have recreated a Mattocaster with Kaoss Pad built into the body. If you would be interested in having this mod done to your guitar, let me know!
Quote by rosamamosa
aldous huxley, no?

Yes, also an amazing book.
Quote by mrwaffles

I hate that book. And yes, Aldous Huxley.

-SD
clockwork orange i believe is less than 250 pages
Quote by joeyj123
there are 11 words in 'the alphabet'
Quote by 1h81337
clockwork orange i believe is less than 250 pages

It's not an American novel though.

+1 to The Great Gatsby
Thanks a lot for the suggestions I really appreciate it.

I've settled on these three: A Catcher in the Rye, On the Road, and The Great Gatsby. I'll figure out which one to get tomorrow.

All of the other books you guys mentioned were either too long (like Catch-22, I think it has around 400 pages) or not American (like Clockwork Orange and Brave New World), or even too short (The Old Man and the Sea), but still, thanks.