im looking around online for a cheap new solid state 15-20 watt amp, and here are some some that i came up with.

Im leaning towards this one because it has a bunch of crap and it's 100 bucks and it got pretty good reviews.

then there's this one and it's just a 20 watt amp i guess its ok.

then there's this one

and then there's this regular one for 115 bucks
i dont have 380 bucks. but thanks anyway. Cheap is like around 100-150 maybe just under 200 bucks. Just a practice amp for my room
Last edited by honkatonk at Jan 26, 2008,
don't triple post. use the damn edit button if you see a new post that you didn't see before u posted, or if you have something else to say.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
peavey rage 258 looks pretty good for 100 bucks. but the thing is i kinda want the effects. what are tubies?
tubes/tube amp

look at the epiphone valve junior, trust me you'll like it a whole lot more down the road.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
What do you play?

Vox AD15VT or,
Roland Cube/Microcube
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I'd go with the Vox.

I have a higher wattage version of it, the AD30VT, and it can do any style you throw at it, even metal contrary to popular belief. Has tons of built in effects and sounds 10x better than that Line 6 you linked in your first post.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
hmm a vox valvetronix sounds great. i might be 50 bucks short tho so i can't get it right away, but it's worth the wait i guess. i found it for $170 on music123.com
yeah
supposedly the vox valvetronix are really good solid state amps
so i think this would be a good amp

by the way is this your first amp???
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
umm it's kinda my first amp. like its my first "real amp", because when i got my guitar i also got a little fender deluxe mini amp. technically it's an amp, but it's hard to call it that. its i think a 1 or 2 watt mini amp
epiphone firefly is awesome in that price range and it has excellent cleans, if your after a mainly dstorted sound look elsewhere
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
so i settled on a Vox AD15VT and it's 170 bucks blemished. Blemished means that it just has some paint issues or amybe a scratch right? should i get the blemished one or do people have had bad experiences with getting blemished things? also do amps usually come with a power cord?
Quote by honkatonk
so i settled on a Vox AD15VT and it's 170 bucks blemished. Blemished means that it just has some paint issues or amybe a scratch right? should i get the blemished one or do people have had bad experiences with getting blemished things? also do amps usually come with a power cord?
Yea it comes with a power cord. I don't think it comes with a lead though
You should have went to a near Guitar Center or something, and tried to bargain... you could have prolly got it for cheaper or new in the same price. But if it was me i could have got it for $150 new...with free chord and if lucky some other free gift, maybe a strap or pick...

Well its was your decision, but next time if you can, go to a near GC and haggle the heck out!