I have seen pickups that say Duncan Designed, and Seymour Duncan. Are the Duncan Designed ones real SD's?
Hello
they are the stock pickups come with some schecters. they arent as good as real SDs. but are better than other stock pickups ive had and heard.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
"Duncan Designed" means exactly that - they're designed by SD, but built by the OEM supplier to the guitar manufacturer. It's pretty much just a marketing ploy you find on $500 import guitars.
Hi, I'm Peter
Well, that's only at a certain price point. Higher end Schecters use real Duncans.
Hi, I'm Peter
Just a side question - any way to find out which of the actual SDs (JB, Jazz, '59, etc.) the Duncan Designs are modeled after? I have a set of Duncan Designed pickups on my C-1+, and I've been wondering what they were (or if they can even be compared to the real thing).
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
Just a side question - any way to find out which of the actual SDs (JB, Jazz, '59, etc.) the Duncan Designs are modeled after? I have a set of Duncan Designed pickups on my C-1+, and I've been wondering what they were (or if they can even be compared to the real thing).

Check here Ducan Designed