Ok. Im possibly gettting a fm 212, but im not going to use the distortion, because my rp200a will already have my clean sounsd and my distortions and effects. I DONT PLAY METAL. im really into RHCP and incubus, foo fighters, pearl jam, 311, sublime, stuff like that. so would this be a good amp? i just need a bigger louder guitar amp because im sick of playing through my bass amp.
if your looking for cleans and loud, then yes after messing with the EQ a bit

however if you use any amount of distortion drive you will cry.

i got one 2 years ago and its very reliable, and loud.
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
ok first of all, imo, it's not a very good amp.

secondly, modeling amps dont work well with most effects, especially low end multi effects.

i suggest you check out a vox modeling amp, and just use the built in effects.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Dont get that. I say get a Crate V16. Its only 15w, but will be plenty loud, being an all-tube amp. And depending on the guitar u have, u can get the exact (or very, very close to) sound from Wet Sand by RHCP, John's Strat-to-amp clean sound. It also can get some very Marshall-like awesome OD w/out using your RP200. I really like the amp, as it can do pretty much all of those bands without any external OD pedals or distortions, except maybe in the case of Pearl Jam or Sublime.
My dad has it. The cleans are awesome but the other channel is garbage, imo anyways.
Quote by ToffeeandApples
You my friend, put the pwn in pwnt.

Hell Yeah
a roland jazz chorus might be up your alley. it's got decent cleans and not a bad deal.

FM212 is... not a great amp. i don't like it. it's shrill, not responsive, and muddy. its not that loud before crackling up due to high volume either.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
haha oops i guess i got a good one or something, mines fine

yea listen to the law of majority and dont get it, it could be $300 you wished you spent on something else
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
Quote by qotsa1998
Dont get that. I say get a Crate V16. Its only 15w, but will be plenty loud, being an all-tube amp. And depending on the guitar u have, u can get the exact (or very, very close to) sound from Wet Sand by RHCP, John's Strat-to-amp clean sound. It also can get some very Marshall-like awesome OD w/out using your RP200. I really like the amp, as it can do pretty much all of those bands without any external OD pedals or distortions, except maybe in the case of Pearl Jam or Sublime.

i have a mexi strat with texas specials, so ive got stadium arcadium frusciante tone. im only going to use the clean channel with my RP200 patches, not the amps actual distortion/barrel of monkeys on fire channel. im also getting a good trade in deal. im only paying 175 out of my pocket. i dont have the money for a palomino, or else it would already be in the mail on its way here.
Quote by jj1565
ok first of all, imo, it's not a very good amp.

secondly, modeling amps dont work well with most effects, especially low end multi effects.

i suggest you check out a vox modeling amp, and just use the built in effects.

It's not a modeling amp, though...

Cleans are useable, but the drive is weak. Still, if you want a loud clean amp, a valve king or used hot rod offers plenty of volume.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster

Cleans are useable, but the drive is weak. Still, if you want a loud clean amp, a valve king or used hot rod offers plenty of volume.

so then just wait till i find a little shop ran by an old stingy bluesman that has a few used tube amps and see if i can negotiate a trade, or go for the FM?
Quote by RHCPFitz
so then just wait till i find a little shop ran by an old stingy bluesman that has a few used tube amps and see if i can negotiate a trade, or go for the FM?

Step up to the Hot rod or the Valveking. Leaps and bounds over the FM.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
Step up to the Hot rod or the Valveking. Leaps and bounds over the FM.

any random prices for those amps used that you have seen?
i like nothing about the fm series. i'd recommend an equivalent-priced mg over an fm. what's your pricerange?
Quote by Reincaster

well whatever category it's in. it doesnt do it well. and the cheap fx are only going to add noise.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the cleans r nice pn the fm n its a good priced amp but yodud geta better distortion out of a simple ds-1 wich i cant stand. u sed u rnt playing metal but ull still need some amount of gain for what ur playin. i got a rp aswell n its got some cool fx but the distortions a bit flat. if u go for the fm ull prob wana get a decent dist pedal but then again you may aswell get a bette ramp like the peavey valveking
Quote by RHCPFitz
any other amps?

peavey classic series, epiphone has a 30 watt 212 thats pretty decent
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100