What kind of regular maintenance is necessary for a $1000 guitar? I regularly wipe down the strings and hardware, do i need to do anything to the finish/fretboard/frets, do I need to worry about humidity/temperature?

I didn't bother doing anything special with my cheap Epiphone (other than wiping it down) and after 8 months of regular use it still seems to be in good shape with only some light scratches on the body and fretboard.
yeah
don't abuse it and just keep it safe

AND don't rest it against a wall
have it in a stand
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
I think it would benefit both you and your guitar if you stopped worrying. The thing is meant to be played, not constantly taken care of. All you really need to do is wipe down the finish and hardware once in a while. Wipe the strings and back of the neck after playing a couple hours or so, or before. If the fretboard gets dry/dirty, use some lemon oil depending on the type of fretboard to clean it. But only do this occasionally.
Be cool.
Thanks for the advice guys, I use a stand of course I also already use lemon oil on the rosewood fretboard which I believe is ok.

I think I should just stop being so aware of the guitar's cost and just play it comfortably.

Also you guys think it ok to use an old tooth brush on the fretboard to scrub away the grime? It's rosewood and not laminated.
I fyou have a good guitar it will last longer than the sun itself.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band