I'm trying to get into Indie. I got enough money on Itunes for 1 or 2 CDs. What can you guys suggest? None of that Indie Scremo stuff. I really like the Death Cab For Cutie Indie style.
okay, awesome. death cab is my favorite band
i would buy their newest cd, Plans, from 2005.
either that, or Transatlanticism from 2003. theyre both amazing.
the Vaselines and Sonic Youth are the best indie, Butthole Surfers are good too, although, they are sometimes classified as grunge.
I agree wholly with the comment on Neutral Milk Hotel, Arcadefire and The Decemberists.

However, I quite enjoyed Neon Bible, and I've only heard The Crane Wife by The Decemberists. Either way, you should check them out, and you might be interest in Damien Rice or even Broken Social Scene.
Citrus by Asobi Seksu.

It's radio-friendly shoegaze fronted by a female who sings in Japanese. You can't ask for much more than that.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Modest Mouse - This is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
The Warlocks - Heavy Deavy Skull Lover
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Last edited by Garret. at Jan 27, 2008,
I +1 the neutral milk hotel, broken social scene, modest mouse, arcade fire, the decemberists, sonic youth and damien rice suggestions, however i believe you'll really enjoy Belle & Sebastian's If You're Feeling Sinister. Great songwriting, really mellow indie pop.
Quote by K-Lizzle
Citrus by Asobi Seksu.

It's radio-friendly shoegaze fronted by a female who sings in Japanese. You can't ask for much more than that.

You keep pushing them, but I can't stop standing them! Ha!

But yeah, they're alright.

For a newbie like you, you want

The Shins - Any
The Arcade Fire - Funeral
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! - Self Titled
(if you can handle the awesomeness of his voice)
Sigur Rós - Aegetis Bjurn (that isn't that actual title, but you'll recognize it when you see it)
Why? - Elephant Eyelash

Go Go Go!
like i said before. Yo La Tengu. i think you already said you that you got something by The Decemberists.