Hey guys.

Alot of my friends smoke around me when we're chilling together, and ive gradually come to like the smell. It doesn't bother me as much even though i hate smoking usually. Im a non-smoker and plan to stay that way, but im a bit worried if i could become addicted to tobacco smoke just by this passive smoking. Im pretty sure you can't, but i don't really want to take any risks.

Any Advice. Also im aware that this may be a stupid question to ask in the pit, but desperate situations call for desperate measures. No offence to anyone.
Tobacco isn't addictive, i'm pretty sure thats niccatine (spelling). And the answer is no. Because the niccatine isn't airbourne.
and i sit and wonder, falling under .
as in what?

you feel the need to give your friends cigarettes to smoke so you can stand next to them and breath it in?

On a serious note, I don't think it is...but don't quote me on that
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Quote by xCobainx
Tobacco isn't addictive, i'm pretty sure thats niccatine (spelling).

That's like saying "Vodka doesn't get you drunk, the alcohol does".
No. No. No. No, and no again. Second hand smoke will affect you, but in ways that are absoluely miniscule. Not even directly smoking is guaranteed to get you addicted to smoking.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
I don't think you can be addicted but you can still get cancer. Which would be the end result of becoming addicted. And I don't see any other reason that you would be a non-smoker other than self-preservation. So... yeah might want to not breathe in all the second hand smoke.
Quote by wiggy1988
as in what?

you feel the need to give your friends cigarettes to smoke so you can stand next to them and breath it in?

On a serious note, I don't think it is...but don't quote me on that

lol. But seriously, if you yourself are not smoking, then you can't ne addicted to smoking, unless yu go out, but cigs, give em to your freinds and say "SMOKE UP!! I NEED MY FIX!!!"
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by xCobainx
Tobacco isn't addictive, i'm pretty sure thats niccatine (spelling).

and tobacco has nicotine. its generally that youre smoking regularly for several months that you become dependent on nicotine. so, not much to worry about unless you have an addiction-prone personality
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Quote by Malakian88

He's right though. People use nicotine patches to wean them off cigarettes. They dont use tobacco patches....
not unless you like the smell of smoking, which would want you to actually smoke it... so no

most cases you dont like smelling smoke
“Broken hearts never mend”.
But fools never move on.
Quote by IronNecrosis
I don't think you can be addicted but you can still get cancer. Which would be the end result of becoming addicted. yaddayaddayadda

Fact: No matter what ever the fuck you do in life, you can still get cancer.
Quote by IronNecrosis
I don't think you can be addicted but you can still get cancer. Which would be the end result of becoming addicted. And I don't see any other reason that you would be a non-smoker other than self-preservation. So... yeah might want to not breathe in all the second hand smoke.

You won't get cancer from second hand smopke unless you breath it in all day long. Both of my parents had parents that smoked heavily around them, and neither one have cancer. It's smoke. It's not addictive mustard gas.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
well physically no. but mentally ANYTHING can become addicting. Just like wine, coffee, beer - most people find it nasty at first but get used to the taste. So in a sense, if you get used to it...there is more of a chance you might CHOOSE to smoke.

So simply, don't choose to smoke and don't spend time worrying about second-hand smoke.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Fact: No matter what ever the fuck you do in life, you can still get cancer.

exactly
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Quote by KryptNet
well physically no. but mentally ANYTHING can become addicting. Just like wine, coffee, beer - most people find it nasty at first but get used to the taste. So in a sense, if you get used to it...there is more of a chance you might CHOOSE to smoke.

So simply, don't choose to smoke and don't spend time worrying about second-hand smoke.

Aren't wine coffee and beer all physically addicting?
[quote="'Tommy[fin"]']Fact: No matter what ever the fuck you do in life, you can still get cancer.

Fact: Smoking increases chances of getting cancer. I know because I've had more than one relative die of cancer after a life of smoking.

Quote by SG Man Forever
You won't get cancer from second hand smopke unless you breath it in all day long. Both of my parents had parents that smoked heavily around them, and neither one have cancer. It's smoke. It's not addictive mustard gas.

Yeah I see what you mean. My grandmother smoked a bit around me. But I'm just saying second-hand smoke is proven ect. . I don't know why he likes the smell of it anyway I find it disgusting.
Last edited by IronNecrosis at Jan 26, 2008,
Quote by IzRG350

of course...and so are cigarettes. I was just making a point that when people get used to things that are usually nasty on the first try: cigarettes, coffee, beer...they tend to choose to start habitual/regular usage which LEADS to addiction.

I should have stated that better.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by Malakian88

ehhhhhhhh, i dont know about tht...aka no i think your wrong. wht ur saying is like " the cig isnt addicting, the nicotine is"
Quote by IzRG350

no, alchohol is not physically addicting, it's psychologically addicting.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!