After watching the famed Ghetto-Talkbox videos, I am enlightened on how talkboxes work. But...

Before I watched the video, I thought you would sing through the tube, the vibrations of your voice would drive the speaker, and that signal would be combined with your guitar signal and sent to the amp.

While I realize this isn't the case, it got me thinking. Could you build a similar box that would combine your voice in the effects chain in this manner? Or would the whole thing simply not work?

I'm still going to build a talkbox, but I'm wondering if this could work...

Or maybe I'm just crazy. But thanks for the replies!
so, you mean a microphone right?
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
it would literally just act as a microphone the way you described, sorry to disappoint.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
the only thing is im scared you could possibly hurt your guitar amplifier
speaker
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Quote by stephen_rettie
u CAN put effects on your voice

Well, obviously, but that's not what he was asking.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
well you could just do it opposite, you'd have to specially wire your guitar, like figure running vocals the right frequencies reversely through a pickup and then you could have another pickup run into the amp. If that makes sense, It would probably sound really muffed up
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
I've actually plugged a microphone into guitar effects pedals. It sounds awesome. If you have a pedal with a stereo input, then you can put that at the front of the effect chain.

Also, you can just use a pair of headphones.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
sounds like a pipe-bomb microphone
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
I think what you want is sort of like what was on the Digitech GNX3000. If I remember corrcetly, it let you plug in a microphone and it would do what you wanted
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
outcome #1:sounds resemblant to a vocoder

outcome #2: just a mic hooked into a big speaker so you can shout at the neighbors

outcome #3: loud ass popping noise followed by what it sounded like when jimi hendrix smashed and burned his guitar and then you need a new amp
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Quote by thejester
the only thing is im scared you could possibly hurt your guitar amplifier
speaker

nah mate, you can plug mics into a guitar amp and it won't hurt it. But you'll get a lot more feedback than you would with a PA system
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."