Ok Hi Everyone this is my fisrt thread thingy...blah blah blah

Im here to ask you all about amps and all that crap.

whats all this stuff about tube amps and valve amps and pre-amps i dont get all this stuff

like whats a tube amp and preamp and a valve amp and heads and cabinets and all that stuff?? HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Tube amp - tube preamp + tube poweramp.
Valve amp = tube amp.
Head - preamp + poweramp without speakers.
Cabinets - 'box' that contains speakers
Preamp - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preamplifier
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
look at the link i posted...
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
A tube amp is an amp that uses preamp and power tubes to produce sound. A solid state amp doesn't have tubes. Most people prefer tube amps because of the tone difference. A valve amp is the same thing as a tube amp.

You have to buy a head and a cab together. This is called a halfstack. A head and two cabs would be a full stack. An amplifier that is a head and cab in one is called a combo amp. Most people have tube combos around here because nobody really needs a halfstack. Most beginners start out with SS combos.

Also, tubes are way louder than SS. If you have 100 watts of tube, it could literally take a house down when it's not even cranked.

Did I cover everything you wanted to know?
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Last edited by Bpags868 at Jan 26, 2008,
^ +1

But he really should have just used Unsigned's link.............

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?